Search-field position

Dear Aigars,
first of all, I have to thank you for this beautiful wedding theme.
Well, I will marry June 21st and as a little surprise for my wife and our guests, I’m creating a little wordpress Homeage with your theme.
But I still have one little problem:
Is it possible to move the search-field between the header image and the top-menu??
I don’t use social network icons and no other sidebars.
Just want to move the search-field…

Would be great, if you can help me with this problem.

Greedings,

Chris

P.S.: Sorry, if my english isn’t as correct as it should, but I’m from germany and I don’t have the specific words. I hope, you understand what I mean and you could help me?!?

You can get search formy by using this code snippet.

<?php get_search_form(); ?>

You should add it inside header.php dependin on how and where you would like it to appear. Just move this code up and down in the file to see how it works.

Search box will look exactly like one in widgets, so you might want to tweak it to make it look better in header.

Great!
It works! :slight_smile:
One last question:
I’m just trying to reduce the width in the searchform.php, but I don’t get it… :frowning:

But it’s a very very very beautiful theme! :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

You don’t need to touch the actual php files but use CSS instead.

Something like this should do the trick

form.form-search {
    width: 350px;
}

Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS

If you are using search form in sidebar or footer widgets then you might have to create a more specific selector to not break their layout.

That’s it! Thanks! :slight_smile:
How do I get the little heart in the top-menü???

This can be found in Theme documentation under 3.1. Advanced Menu Setup

Thanks!
Everything works fine!
I’ve already read the other Forum posts, weather I get my last information…

1. Is it possible to center the top menu without reducing the size of the top menu?
  2. How can I center all the contents? (I prefere width=“80%”, so I get free space left and right…)
    I tried to insert

width: 80%;
margin-left auto;
margin-right: auto;

in the css file. But it seems, I didn’t get the right line to insert… :frowning:

Centering might be difficult with this setup but changing content width will make your menus look better and won’t feel too far left.

You can get this done like this:

.container {
    max-width: 980px;
}