Second navigation bar for Sparkling WordPress theme

Hello,

I’m Trying to add on Rincón de la Tecnología a second navigation bar under the slider. I’ve been looking on the internet for solutions, but I haven’t found anything…

I really love Sparkling, and I would like to solve this problem. I have left you the link to my website so you can see how it’s now, also the images I have just attached will help on how I like the theme.

Thank you for your support!!

1. First of all you should register a new menu and that you can do via functions.php Child Theme functions.php. Here is an example:
function sparkling_secondary_menu() {
  // display the WordPress Custom Menu if available
  wp_nav_menu(array(
    'container'       => '',                              // remove nav container
    'container_class' => 'secondary-menu clearfix',   // class of container (should you choose to use it)
    'menu'            => __( 'secondary menu', 'sparkling' ),   // nav name
    'menu_class'      => 'nav secondary-nav clearfix',      // adding custom nav class
    'theme_location'  => 'secondary-menu',             // where it's located in the theme
    'before'          => '',                                 // before the menu
    'after'           => '',                                  // after the menu
    'link_before'     => '',                            // before each link
    'link_after'      => '',                             // after each link
    'depth'           => 0,                                   // limit the depth of the nav
    'fallback_cb'     => 'sparkling_secondary_menu_fallback'  // fallback function
  ));
} /* end sparkling secondary menu */
  1. Now that you are done with registration you need to actually output something in the front end. Here is code that you can use for output:

<?php function sparkling_secondary_menu(); ?>

You can add this code inside header.php depending on where you want your menu to appear.

1. Now you will have to style this menu to get the results you were looking for because above mentioned code will just output list of menu items with no styling at all. You can check how footer and main navigations are styled and use that as example.