Separation of slider image and featured and recent post thumbnail image

Hi,

Please, can you explain me if is possible to separate slider image with the featured and recent post thumbnail image. Sometimes when I’m posting the new post, I would like to publish just the featured and recent post thumbnail image without slider image (other posts images will be placed in the slider one), but as far as I could see I’m having just option to publish slider image and system automatically is adding the others too.
How to arrange to add just the featured and recent post thumbnail image?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @christy,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can separate slider image from featured and recent post thumbnail image by using pages for the slider instead of images using the custom solution shared in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/using-pages-rather-than-posts-for-flexslider/

Best Regards,
Movin

Dear Movin,
Thank you on your answer. Im the new user and never before i dint deal with the word press or web sites, and that’s why im kindly asking for patience. Im extra satisfied with the Activello theme, design is great.

I checked the link which you posted, and just confirm me if is necessary to add Activello child theme to solve the problems with images? And if answer is yes, is it activello-child 121 good enough?
I’m using mostly the categories instead of pages (blog).

Thank you!

is necessary to add Activello child theme to solve the problems with images?

Yes to implement that solution you have to use the child theme that contains custom code.

And if answer is yes, is it activello-child 121 good enough?

No you have to use the colorlib-child-theme-38.zip shared in the following topic that contains custom code to achieve this functionality.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/using-pages-rather-than-posts-for-flexslider/

Hi Movin!
If I’m not mistaken you gave me a link for the wrong theme – Sparkling one. I uploaded zip 64 file as told and WorPress even downloaded sparkling teme together with child- theme for Sparkling theme. Please, can you provide me link for the Activello Child Theme.

Thank you in advance!

Sorry for the mistake which happened due to confusion between two many opened tabs in the browser.

I have updated the topic URLs in my above replies so please refer it now.

Dear Movin,

I tried to apply Activello Child Theme zip 38, and something doesn’t work regularly. I’m sending you my print screens. I follow all instructions and everything was in the mess and after I asked my brother who is computer engineer to try the same, but he get the same result.

I followed the instructions from this page:

I’m aware this is free theme, and I’m grateful to you and I’m understanding you are trying hard to help me, but in that case please just inform me how it’s not possible to make changes which I asked to don’t lose any time. On the end this is not commercial page, it’s my private blog.

Thank you in advance on your time and help!

I tried to download your shared document file but it is not getting downloaded due to error.

Could you please share it from other site like Google drive or share the image files here directly by attaching it to your reply?

Here it is the link:

Activello print screens

Thank you a lot!

You have to configure your menu and theme settings again after using child theme.

It seems from your shared screenshot that you have not implemented the solution correctly so could you please share me your child theme so that i can help you to merge the code from the child theme shared on the above topic?

Hi!

Attachment is below. Thank you!

Im having one more question connected with the previous one. Now you will check my child theme slide bar images and featured & thumbnail image separations and is it possible to have 2 child theme.

Yes, i want make separation between slide bar images and featured & thumbnail image (still not fixes), but also i want limited number of slide bar images to 4-5. I do not believe it looks good to have endless slides images, 10, 15, 30 is tooooo much. Is it possible to have 2 child themes?

The shared child theme is working fine on my test site.

It seems you have not configured the pages that you want to display in the slider by adding the custom field in it slider_page as shown in the attached screenshot.

Yes, i want make separation between slide bar images and featured & thumbnail image (still not fixes), but also i want limited number of slide bar images to 4-5. I do not believe it looks good to have endless slides images, 10, 15, 30 is tooooo much. Is it possible to have 2 child themes?

In WordPress you can’t use two child themes at a time but you can merge the code from both child themes in one.

You can always control the number of slides to display in the slider from the slider option “Number of slide items” as shown in the second attached screenshot.

Dear Movin,
I installed bout themes as you advise me (thank you a lot):

• slide bar images and featured & thumbnail image separations: colorlib-child-theme-38.zip
    • Limited number of slide bar images: colorlib-child-theme-103.zip

First one, images separation doesn’t work to me or I need extra instructions how to start.
I’m sending print preview, and as you can see, I’m my categories -> custom fields - > I add new field “slider_page, value: true (like on your example), but it doesn’t show slide bar at all.

Second theme – number of slide bar images – work, but its limited on 4 images, and image which you add like example is showing Sparkling theme and I guess you can chose number of images in Sparkling, but you can’t in Activello (sending you print preview too). But at least its limited on 4.

Can you tell me what I’m doing wrong? Thank you!

I installed bout themes as you advise me (thank you a lot):

So you have installed both child themes but which one have you activated?

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Thanks!

http://kikidemirki.com/wp-admin/

user: admin
pass: d0mini7r0k02315

Just inform me please, when you check what is the problem. Thank you in advance.

Thank you fr sharing the site details.

I logged in to your site and saw you have installed two child themes but were using only the child theme that restricts number of slides to 4 and not the child theme code that displays pages in the slider.

To resolve the issue i combine the code of both child themes into one.

Now you can display the pages in the slider by adding the custom field slider_page in the page as described previously. Please note you have to do this for pages and not posts.

Unfortunately change which you made, doesn’t work for categories, it’s work just for pages and it’s not good enough for my site.
I’m having mostly categories (blog) and now I can’t (I don’t know) make any of category images to be shown in the slide bar.

Please, now when you combine 2 child theme together, how I can add images from categories to be shown in slide bar?

Thanks!

I already told you in my initial reply that the provided solution only works with pages.

To achieve what you are trying to achieve need to develop custom code.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Thank you a lot on your help!
It’s my mistake, i didn’t see the part where you are telling me about page & post.

Thank you a lot one more time, you teach me a lot and i’m very grateful to you.