Set Front Page layout different to default

Hi again Movin.

Sorry to be a pain again. I was trying to set my default layout to full width but keep the front page (home page) with a right sidebar. I know I can set the default in the customize menu area but it changes the front page and I cant find any option to set the front page by itself.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi @damienstpierre,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Activello theme that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin

It works great apart from the error at the top of every page. See attached picture

Damien

Hi Damien,

I have tested the shared child theme on my test site by setting WP debug on and it’s working fine without any issue.

Please make sure the following function activello_header_search_filter exists in the functions.php file of your parent activello theme and you are using latest version of it.

/*
 * Function to modify search template for header
 */
function activello_header_search_filter($form){
    $form = '<form action="'.esc_url( home_url( "/" ) ).'" method="get"><input type="text" name="s" value="'.get_search_query().'" placeholder="'. esc_attr_x( __('Search', 'activello'), 'search placeholder', 'activello' ).'"><button type="submit" class="header-search-icon" name="submit" id="searchsubmit" value="'. esc_attr_x( 'Search', 'submit button', 'activello' ).'"><i class="fa fa-search"></i></button></form>';
    return $form;    
}

Also could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

Hi Movin

Turns out I didnt have the latest version. I was using 1.0.0, im so used to wordpress notifying me when there are updates for plugins etc that i didnt think to check your site for updates.

Now that I have updated, it works all fine. My website is www.damienstpierre.com

Thanks

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: