Set up blog page with featured image and Excerpts

I am having a hard time setting up a “news” page that lists the excepts of the “news articles”.

What is the best way to accomplish this?
I created a “page” and assigned it as the “blog from the admin”
But there is no actual “page” in the theme files to edit. ?

Kinda lost here.

Hi @iconixinc,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Just create a news page and assign it as posts page in your site Reading settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

This page lists the excepts of the “news articles” automatically.

Best Regards,
Movin

So, Yeah… I did that, but all the files are showing full, not “summary” or excerpt.

Here is what the Admin page shows:

There is no option to “select” the page layout.

The page itself should have a special news “header” that isn’t showing up either.

Also, I have implemented the sidebar that is still showing my Sparkling header “posts” … Thought those were disabled in my functions file… but they are still appearing.

Appreciate your help.

So, Yeah.. I did that, but all the files are showing full, not “summary” or excerpt.

You can display the posts excerpt by checking the theme option “Show post excerpts?” in the theme settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

There is no option to “select” the page layout.

Don’t you see the right sidebar page layout in your shared screenshot?

The page itself should have a special news “header” that isn’t showing up either.

I am not sure what you meant by special news “header” so please describe it a bit more in detail so that i can help you.

Also, I have implemented the sidebar that is still showing my Sparkling header “posts” … Thought those were disabled in my functions file… but they are still appearing.

Do you want to disable the sidebar or Sparkling header “posts”?