Setup - Reccommended Steps 3/4 - how to?

Hello,

I am following the recommended steps for activello setup and i am stuck on 3/4 steps. It says to install the plugin and widget; i have but i can just see code for both items.
What do you do with this code?

Also i am working off an iPad; and downloaded code to drop box. I hope this doesn’t add extra complications?

Many Thanks!

Hi @rawkingout,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Are you talking about “3. How To Setup Main Menu” and “4. How To Setup Sidebar Widgets” steps as described on the following page?

if yes then could you please share the screenshot of what you are referring because i don’t see any code related stuff there?

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks for getting get Movin,

I have attached a screen shot for your reference. I was prepared to set up my blog template myself but these recommended actions give me the impression that i can install the theme exactly like it is out of the box if i activate these recommended items. Would this be correct?

When i click on the two hyperlinks: posts and widgets it brings to two code artifacts.

Now im stumped.

Thanks again,

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Oh, that’s the demo content. I haven’t used an iPad with WordPress before, but I’m pretty sure you may have an issue with locating the files after downloading them. Basically, after downloading those, you’ll need to go to Tools > Import > WordPress > Run Importer to import the posts content, then go to Tools > Widget Importer and Exporter to import the widgets demo content.

Again, not sure how iPads are with files, but you’ll need to be able to upload the file from wherever you saved it, and with that, you may have a much better time from a computer.

All the best.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you for your swift response; I gave it a try with my iPad - it allowed be to grab the file from Dropbox and gave me the option of changing the author. When i tried submitting it, it gives a #405 error - “not allowed”.

Anything i can do for this?

:slight_smile:

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Hmm. Could you just go ahead and reach out to your hosting and check to see which version of PHP you’re running. If its lower than 5.6, then I’m going to ask that you have them update it to at least 5.6. That should solve the issue. Other than that, you may have a plugin that’s blocking that, so you may need to disable all of your third-party plugins and see if this issue still exists.
If it resolves the issue I am going to then ask you to activate the disabled plugins one by one and test the page to see if we can isolate the conflicting plugin if that is the case.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello!

I managed to get most of the demo content installed, however the main picture across the top is missing.

Just another thing: this is my first blog and i feel slightly overwhelmed by all the demo content that’s in there now. I almost want to strip it all out and start with the bones of the theme.

What does one do one do with all this content?

Need help with my next steps.

Many Thanks,

RO

I managed to get most of the demo content installed, however the main picture across the top is missing.

It is featured image and you have to set it as described on this page http://freewptp.com/how-to-set-featured-image-or-post-thumbnail-in-wordpress/

Just another thing: this is my first blog and i feel slightly overwhelmed by all the demo content that’s in there now. I almost want to strip it all out and start with the bones of the theme.

What does one do one do with all this content?

You can delete all the content of your site using any of the following plugins.