Shapely: Feature Requests

Please just post the featured requests here, not general questions.

PS: For keep it clear, we will remove general support questions, please create separate thread for support questions, this is just for feature request

I would like to thank you in advance for all your efforts and commitment to provide support for a product that is free of charge.
The templates are very good and bet on creating an easier way to control colors, sizes of images and texts. A more optimized control panel. I do not know if it will be possible.
Sorry for my English, I’m using Google Translator.

Good job

Photo in the title area of blog instead of just the word blog

• The video widget is not responsive - using it on a mobile phone does not scale down correctly (just shows a part of the video). I tried to fix this with a plugin (WP Canvas - Responsive Videos) and this works for like 50% :smiley: It scales now, but the margin is not correct (www.danielbogdoll.de/ecurieaix)

I also would like to see an adjustment to the mobile and tablet functions of the video widget. I am having the same issue.

Additionally, I would like to apply the homepage widgets to other pages on the site. Currently it seems that sidebar widgets are hardwired to all other pages. Perhaps I’ve missed something though. I attempted to customize other pages such as the ‘contact us’ page but found the options to be limited. In this manner I would be inclined to echo “photo in the title area of blog instead of just the word blog.”

For the forum, perhaps a voting widget next to each post where other members may upvote an issue they are having to reflect importance to admin.

A full width portfolio page would be awesome, without the sidebar area. Also it would be great to use the “featured image” (when you post a portfolio/post) as full with header.

Prior to the Shapely theme update, I was able to put in plugins. That is no longer the case. Here’s an example of a table plugin that worked in the old theme in the SCHEDULE section:

http://www.outerworldrecords.com/dojo/#custom_shapely_home_parallax-9

Now, here’s the same site but using the new, updated theme. You’ll see that the shortcode is shown, and not the actual table.

http://69.89.31.185/~woodstu0/dojo/

I’ve attached a screengrab as well.

The plugin that I’m using is TABLES BY SUPSYSTIC, which worked perfectly under the old theme. Please, please fix as soon as you can.

Thanks,
Jinhi

This was also working under the old Shapely theme, but no longer.

I used to be able to embed Google maps directly into Parallax widgets. That is no longer the case now. It just shows the raw code.

Here’s an example where it used to work under the old theme:

http://www.outerworldrecords.com/dojo/#custom_shapely_home_parallax-6

And here’s how it looks with the new theme. You’ll see that it’s just the raw code. I’ve also attached a screengrab.

http://69.89.31.185/~woodstu0/dojo/

Thanks,
Jinhi

I too used to be able to embed widgets/plugins with code into the parallax sections that I am now no longer able to do. I had an Instgram Feed and a google Calendar embed that do not work with the new update. It only shows the code in the parallax widget.

I would also love to see the ability to have a slider in the parallax section. Mostly, I would like my full background header to be able to slide through several different images. (like the activello theme)

Thanks for all your help!

• please enable us to remove/edit the “phone number” item in the contact us section
  • please let us link different/custom social media accounts in the team member widget

having the text in “[shapely] features section for…” widget outlined as centered and not left outlined.
This would make the page look much nicer.

Thanks for all the work.

A full screen image slider in the parralax widget :slight_smile:

Hi Guys, I am using your theme Shapely, but in the last update my blog messed it up. My blog now show all the content at once. I used the blog a lot and I am not happy with that. Can you guys help me to fix it? It was working ok before the update. I already tried to change the layout in the customization area but the posts are still get together without any separation.

thanks

Thanks for the theme. It’s fun.

Is it possible for the video widget to support Vimeo and not just Youtube please? And, my youtube video connected to the video widget via its youtube ID has no sound… am I missing something?

And yes, please help make the video responsive to mobile!

I too would prefer to remove the repeating title on the additional pages and blog.

I would also appreciate being able to duplicate the style of the homepage to other pages…

"A full screen image slider in the parralax widget ? " +1 to this and ability to add text to it.

Hi @Laranz,

Already mentioned above, making the request again per your suggestion:

Can you please add Vimeo as an option for posting video via the video widget on the homepage? Would be great to have the same option to simply select Vimeo and put the video ID and voila! as is with Youtube…

Thanks!

"Is it possible for the video widget to support Vimeo and not just Youtube please? And, my youtube video connected to the video widget via its youtube ID has no sound… am I missing something?

And yes, please help make the video responsive to mobile!

I too would prefer to remove the repeating title on the additional pages and blog.

I would also appreciate being able to duplicate the style of the homepage to other pages…"

I would say more flexibility when choosing colors for buttons. You are only able to choose the color for the primary button, but the secondary button is just the default white bordered one, which depending on the color scheme you need isn’t the best option. Some of the home page widgets support up to 3 buttons, so I’d say include color options for up to three buttons just to differentiate.

I agree that being able to have multiple pages that can use the homepage template and its widgets would be helpful, so +1 to that.

No more manually adding a read more link to the blog posts page. Set a character length, add a …, and auto generate the read more button. It’s annoying to keep going back and forth adjusting where that read more link should go in the editor just to make sure the posts look reasonably equal height when using the blog grid option. It adds more time to a process that really doesn’t need it.

Increase the size of the logo area. The logo file I was trying to use became microscopic, and it wasn’t a very large logo to begin with. Doesn’t have to be extreme. Just bumping the height from 55px to 75px should be sufficient.

Allow renaming of the Portfolio section and related breadcrumbs.
For example, when you go to the portfolio archive page it says Portfolio. Portfolio is hardcoded, and if breadcrumbs are enabled it will say Portfolio >> Projects. Projects is also hardcoded. This is fine if that wording makes sense in the context of the site being created, but in my situation, it was going to be used to display sample travel itineraries. Portfolio and Projects don’t necessarily make the most sense in that scenario. Sample Itineraries >> Itineraries would be better. As it stands, there’s no way the user can rename these without creating a child theme and digging through the code.

On portfolio items it would be cool if the recent posts widget queried other portfolio items rather than blog posts. Or maybe there should just be an option to turn them on or off for portfolio items?

I’d love a “recent projects” widget for shapely like the image attached.

Hi
The forum moderator has advised that I submit my query below as a feature request. I am looking for a way to show and hide certain widgets on specific pages as per the Travelfiy theme which I previously used. There is only a generic option for sidebar widgets with the result that all widgets appear on all post pages. It would obviously greatly enhance options if the user were able to create specific widgets for specific pages.
Thanks in advance for your consideration of this request.

It would be great to have an option that the featured image can be set as edge-to-edge full-width for a better visual appealing :slight_smile:
Regarding the portfolio, many of us who want to use this theme to build portfolio site would love to have the option which can center everything (title, text, image etc.

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: