Shapely Homepage Layout for Other Pages

Hi there

I want to know how to use Shapely homepage layout on other pages as well (without any posts displayed), and with the same widget options as displayed on the homepage (parallax etc). I’m fairly new to wordpress and coding. I have read similar posts and the instructions were:

“To achieve this you have to create child theme of Shapely theme and create a new theme file by copying template-home.php and changing its template name & file name then register custom widget area using the function register_sidebar and then call it in the newly created theme file by replacing “sidebar-home”.”

But I need a bit more help. Does the child theme file only need a template-NewName.php file, a functions.php file and a style.css file? And how to I upload it to Wordpress and make it work?

I have created these 3 files as best I can but when I try to upload it, a Wordpress error says “standalone theme needs index.php file. Style.css file needs header” but the style.css doe have a header.

Please help, I feel like I am almost there, I must just be missing something!

Thanks,
Milli

Ps. Love the Shapely theme!

Hi Milli,

This falls under customization section, we can’t able to provide you a solution because it needs more editing in the code files. I suggest you to hire a developer to do the editing. We provide help for users customization if it is small change, this needs more edit, so we can’t able to help. Hope you understand.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi @laranz

Thank you for your reply. I actually have figured it out myself for the most part.

I did have another question though just with the shapely theme, is there a way to move the primary navigation bar to a different place on the page? Specifically, under the first parallax?

Thank you!

Milli

HI Milli,

Sorry for a late response, actually it is also not possible because the home page is made up of widgets and they are created on the run time so we can’t able to place the menu between them, can you share your website address, so that I can try to give you a CSS solution, but most probably it is not possible.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi @laranz,

Thank you for your reply! Here is the URL http://www.thirdplacehospitality.com.au/brisbane

I want the navigation to go under the image slide, which is placed within a custom HTML widget.

Thank you!

Milli