Shortcodes no longer stripped out of excerpt

I don’t know if this is related to the latest update, but the “Latest News” section on my site no longer ignores shortcodes.
It also seems to ignore the posts’ Manual Excerpt field, so even if I create an excerpt with no shortcode, the code still appears on the front page.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please try disabling any plugins you may have active that were not bundled with the theme because the theme may be in conflict with a plugin here.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi! Thanks for the repsonse.

I disabled all the plugins apart from Illdy companion, but the problem persists. Specifically it is a problem with a youtube [embed] element which did not previously appear in excerpts.

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

This is starting to sound like a bug in the theme, however, I’d like to just have a look at the site, more specifically in the code just to see what’s happening from that end.

Kindly provide me with the URL to your site so that I can have a look.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Sure, here it is: http://www.adventurexpo.org/

I’m using a child theme, which makes a few modifications to the css but does nothing more serious. If you scroll down to the latest news section, you can see that one of the posts shows the [embed] code, which it didn’t used to.

Thanks.

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Kindly edit that post in text mode and ensure that the embed code isn’t surrounded by any <p></p> tags. Close the paragraph before that and ensure that one is opened after that code. So essentially you should have:

<p>content, content, content</p>
[embed]
<p>content, content, content</p>

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks,

I just checked and there are no tags around the [embed]. It appears like the example in your post.

Hello!

Just wanted to follow up on this. Any ideas what could have caused the codes to start appearing in excerpts after the recent big update?