Show desktop version on mobile device

Hi again!

My website is running smoothly on desktop. However when switching to mobile device it’s not looking good. But in chrome for mobile devices, when I activate the “show desktop version” it runs smoothly again.

Is there anyway to make the website load wit the desktop version on mobile devices? I know it’s responsive and to me it doesn’t make a lot of sense that it will be different after activating the “desktop version” on mobile device.

The issue is with the homepage. lhoprints.com

Thanks,

Hi @laho.

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To achieve this you have to develop custom code as discussed in the following Activello theme topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/remove-mobile-site/

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks for the answer! Just to make sure that we understand each other:

Isn’t my site still responsive even if I use the “desktop” mode on mobile devices? Everything scales and resizes quite well…just as it does when I’m resizing the browser window on desktop. I thought that was the whole idea of responsive design and that it should work like that by default also on mobile devices.

But to achieve this I do need to develop custom code? Right? Even if one click in google chrome for mobile device kinda solves the problem.

Anyway, thanks again!

Isn’t my site still responsive even if I use the “desktop” mode on mobile devices? Everything scales and resizes quite well…just as it does when I’m resizing the browser window on desktop. I thought that was the whole idea of responsive design and that it should work like that by default also on mobile devices.

Yes the theme is responsive and adopts it with browser width to display content properly which you can see on the demo site Front Page - Shapely Demo

You said “when switching to mobile device it’s not looking good” but not said exactly how it is displaying for you or share the screenshot of it.

Doesn’t it display like the shared demo site?

But to achieve this I do need to develop custom code? Right? Even if one click in google chrome for mobile device kinda solves the problem.

Yes if you want to remove responsiveness from your site then you have to develop custom code. You can do this on clicking on the desktop mode button of google chrome for mobile device but will it be feasible to tell all your site users to do this?

Hi Movin,

Right, I understand. It’s not looking as the demo version. But I’m guessing that is because I’m only using siteorigin parallax widgets instead of the shapely widgets since I had some troubles with getting those two different widgets to work well together…

When I used the shapely widgets it looked ok in terms of responsiveness.

I will see if I can find a fix.

Thanks!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: