Side Bar Formatting

Hello,

1.Is there a way I can get the side bar to be displayed on my “Blog” page only and not any other page?
2. How do I add feature images to individual blog posts? (displayed at the top of the post)
3. On a previous support question, you guys helped me eliminate the white space between the menu bar and the start of the page. This means that on my Blog page, I don’t have enough room for a feature picture. Is there a way to make that space bigger for just the Blog page (and not any of the others?)
4. Is there a way to display all of the blog title without displaying (…)
5. Can I remove the category link under the feature picture?
6. I tried to add a “read more” to the post, and the resulting formatting is really strange

Thanks in advance, you guys have been phenomenal!

Diana

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question

1. please check blog settings in appearance > customize
  2. featured image in the post - that’s WordPress question, How to Add Featured Images or Post Thumbnails in WordPress
  3. you can use this css:
    .blog div#content {
    margin-top: 40px;
    }
  4. sorry but there is no option for this
  5. use this css:

.post-content .shapely-category a {
display: none;
}

1. read more is not properly used - How to Properly Use the More Tag in WordPress

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Thanks for your help. There are a few things that I was not able to resolve:

1. Messing with the settings, I was able to set the side bar to appear on just the individual post page. But ideally, I would have the side bar appear on the Blog page as well. When I manage to get the side bar on the Blog page, the side bar ends up appearing on ALL other pages. Is there a way to have the side bar appear on the Blog page and individual post pages ONLY? (and no other pages).

2. Though the CSS code gave me more space, the image does not occupy the full space leaving a blank above it. How do I change this so that the image occupies the full space and is there a way to choose how the image gets cropped?

3. Is there a way to reformat the read more button (make it smaller)?

New item: is it possible to make the Blog post title smaller? I tried using the following CSS code I found on @acrunstadler’s question but that didn’t seem to work.

#header .bottom-header h1 {
font-size: 25px!Important;
}

Thanks again!!! You guys are great!

Hello there,

1. You are going to have to add this code to make the sidebar appear on certain pages:
aside#secondary {
    display: none;
}

.blog aside#secondary {
    display: inline-block !important;
}

1. Did you add any code to crop the image? Please remove any CSS related to the image temporarily.

2. This code will allow you to change the font size thus changing the button size:

a.more-link {
    font-size: 13px;
}

1. This CSS will change the font size for the post title:

.post-content .entry-content .post-title a {
    font-size: 29px;
}

Best Regards,
Support

All of my issues are resolved except for the sidebar issue. I have spent hours trying to solve this on my own without any luck.

The CSS solution you gave me requires that I set all pages to the sidebar format (under the blog index setting> blog template> sidebar right), then hide the content of the side bar from all pages except the Blog page. This means that even though there is no content, the page layout has the spacing for the side bar which looks a bit awkward. Furthermore, the CSS code you gave me as a solution also hides the side bar from the individual Post page.

Is there a way that I can keep all pages in the full width format except for the Blog and the individual Post pages which would display the sidebar?

Please find included a picture of all CSS currently in place.

Thank you very much,
Diana

Hi there

IM so sorry to say but that’s not possible to achieve with css :frowning: sidebars can be only managed from the theme options which is already done by you, unfortunately there is no other way

Thank you very much for all your help.

Hello there,

I am glad the solution worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support