Sidebar for WooCommerce

Thank you for publishing your great theme for free. I really like it, and so far it’s been cooperating quite nicely to make it look the way I want. I even installed a Child theme for the first time. :slight_smile:
However, there are still a few things that don’t want to listen to me, and I need some help with that.

My website is mostly static and informative, but I am also setting up a WooCommerce shop. The main site has a right sidebar (default) with a few generic Widgets, but for the WooCommerce Page, I want a left sidebar with specific WooCommerce Widgets, like Layered Navigation and Cart and stuff. I have installed WooSidebars to help me out with this. Which works like a charm on any random other page that I’ve tried it on so far. Except on the (private-under construction) page Webshop that loads the WooCommerce shop.
I double and triple checked all settings, but I cannot get the sidebar to move to the left instead of the right, and I cannot get it to load the custom made side bar with WooCommerce related Widgets. I have also tried to load the custom widget area into the right sidebar of the Webshop page, but nothing happens.

I hope you can help me out with this. Thanks!

@litcc

Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it!

This theme uses “Right” sidebar for WooCommerce pages and when selected “Left” option it just pushes “Right” sidebar on the “Left” side and you can’t specify it separately for WooCommerce pages but for website in general.

Maybe you can try to set your website to use Left sidebar layout as default one and then specify Right sidebar for other pages manually.

Let me know it this helps.

Thanks Aigarsm, that work-around actually works! I now have the default layout set to Left, so now it shows the Right sidebar on the left for the WooCommerce page. All the other pages are custom set to Right, and are displaying a custom Widget Area that replaces the right sidebar.

All except one: the page that is set to show the Posts is showing the Left sidebar on the left. I can’t get it to move to the right and use the custom right Widget Area.
Also, that same page doesn’t listen when I tell it to use the Blog Image Medium Template.