Sidebar not showing correct on single product page for non variable products

Hi there,

staying with the original template: single-product.php the sidebar show correctly on the right side
ONLY when the product is a variable product.
If the product is NOT variable the sidebar shows underneath on the single product page

if i move the part with the woocommerce_sidebar hook. above the parte with the woocommerce_after_main_content hook
it works viceversa i.e. right for products WITHOUT variables but not for variable products

so what am I to do

Hello? Anybody out there?? I really would appreciate your help. This problem occurred already in the older version there I managed to solve the problem but the same trick did not work anymore…

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

That’s weird. Please provide me with a link to one of your single product pages so that I may have a closer look at this issue. If I have a look at the code I’ll definitely be better able to see what’s going wrong.

While you’re at it, I’m going to ask that you do a check in your plugins, just to be sure:

Disable all your plugins (except WooCommerce), then check to see if the issue persists. If it doesn’t, just re-enable them one by one and see if the bug returns, if it returns then you’ll know which plugin is causing it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Support

Sorry for not responding earlier - but woo 3.0.3 update took a while
First of al I want to say that I really don’t know whether it is a theme problem. I tried all sorts of things,
but to give you the full picture > woocommerce is 3.0.3 is installed and all plugins are updated.
The problem I have occurred already in an older woo version and unite theme version.

I use csv import suite to bulk upload / merge products.
After upload some products single as well as variable show in the shop with their sidebar underneath. Neither bulk editing or exporting and merging will change a thing.
(Don’t know whether this has anything to do with it: I encountered that eventhough I merged the products with new yoast SEO fields the SEO dots next to the product stay grey after upload)

There is only one solution. I have to go from the backend into each product that has this problem and press the blue “save” key.
After having done that not only the sidebar appears correctly but funnily enough the Yoath Seo got activated to.

Any idea how to get rid of this problem?

Product with correct sidebar: http://woocommerce-5229-85119-237908.cloudwaysapps.com/produkt/12-lustige-hunde-geschenk-anhaenger-in-herz-form-7-x-6cm-fuer/
Product with wrong sidebar: http://woocommerce-5229-85119-237908.cloudwaysapps.com/produkt/8-lustige-geschenk-anhaenger-fuer-fischkoeppe-fuer/
(scroll to the end and you’ll see it on the left side)

Any help would be extremely appreciated
Clarissa

1. image shows wrong sidebar
  2. backend product list
  3. backend > product details > press save (I don’t even need to change anything)
  4. yippieh sidebar is on the right place again and the grey SEO buttons are coloured

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

I’m currently looking at the issue and I can’t say for sure what’s wrong. The issue may be related to the fact that you’re using Visual Composer so attempting to work without that may solve the issue, however, if that doesn’t work, I’m going to ask that you report this as a bug in the theme here:

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Thks for your idea unfortunaltey Visual Composer is not the reason… So i will go the github way later. But I have one more question

Thanks to the posted plugin I managed to get the 3rd and 4th level of the menu to show. Unfortunately the first level is still unclickable and I seem to be to stupid in order to style via css the levels (from 2nd - 4th) I’d rather have them slide to the right like here: http://www.kartenkaufrausch.de/shop/
At the moment they look like this: http://woocommerce-5229-85119-237908.cloudwaysapps.com/shop/
unfortunately things seem to have changed so that I cant use the old styling. I you hover over “start” in the menu you can see it best.

HEUREKA now I realy found the Problem… little non closed html tags in the excerpt and content filed. Sometimes the solution is so easy. When ever this comes across u again… you can see it when you try to open the product/ review tabs and if they don’t show what they are supposed to then it causes the misbehaving of the sidebar and the reason are non closed tags as <span> or <div>
The reason why the saving within the product details in the backend was the only solution is that wordpress does an auto correction for non closed tags.

Could you still tell me

1. how to get the first level in the menu clickable
  2. how to style via css the 3rd and fourth level so that they open to the right > see pics (the sublevels in brown show as is and the grey ons how I would like to be again) unfortunately things seem to have changed so that I cant use my old styling settings.

I’d be very grateful

As noone is replying to my secind question I will try to open a new ticket.