Sidebar on Static Homepage

Hi there,
I have another question for all of you amazingly helpful people, today! (Seriously, I don’t know what newbies like us would do without you guys so generously sharing your knowledge!)

My sidebar is displaying on every page, except for the static homepage. I would like to get it onto the homepage. How can I make that happen? Is there a CSS code to fix that, or something I can do in the settings?

Thank you!

Hi @livylynnglittergirl,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Please make sure you have set the correct layout in the theme settings and in the static front page layout as shown in the attached screenshots.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @Movin
Yes, I do have applied both of those options/settings already. And the sidebar is showing up on every page except for the homepage. Any other suggestions?

I’ve attached two screenshots, one of the home page where there is a blank space provided but no sidebar, and one of another page on which the sidebar is showing up.

If you are using static home page on your site then actually the sidebar is at the right side of your site but it’s displaying below the content on static home page because of the issue reported in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/sidebar-at-bottom-of-page/

To resolve the issue download and use the latest version of Activello theme from this page https://github.com/puikinsh/Activello or use the child theme shared in the above topic.

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded the theme you recommended, but realize that if I choose to use that, I will lose a lot of other things I’ve already customized, which I don’t want to do at this point.

So, if I stay with the theme which I already have, which displays the sidebar at the bottom of my static home page, it is possible for me to center the Main Text Area, and have less of that award white space on the side? (As seen in attached photo below.) If so, I’d love to know how to do that.

So, if I stay with the theme which I already have, which displays the sidebar at the bottom of my static home page, it is possible for me to center the Main Text Area, and have less of that award white space on the side?

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body.home #page .main-content-inner, div#secondary {
    margin: 0 auto;
    float: none;
    width: 100%;
}

Or use the below CSS code if you don’t want to display content full width on home page.

body.home #page .main-content-inner, div#secondary {
    margin: 0 auto;
    float: none;
}

I am having the same issue. I tried the two pieces of code. The second one centers the copy but the side bar still shows up underneath the copy. I would like the side bar to show up on every page in its proper place – on the right side bar. How to make that happen? ???

@kellez i think you didn’t see my following reply that i posted previously in this topic regarding the sidebar issue.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/sidebar-on-static-homepage/#post-66691

@Movin thank you for all of your help! It worked out just great :slight_smile:

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: