Site not updating after restoration

We tried to update our theme, but it threw up lots of problems and deleted most of the content from our site.

So we got out hosting company to restore it to a previous version.

Now it seems that the site won’t update from our changes in the back end.

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

If the website is not displaying the changes that you made from the back-end, you can try to clear your browser cache. Please try using the following link to clear your browser cache and check to see if the change then appear:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I’ve tried clearing my cache, and it doesn’t solve the issue. I think it is to do with updating the theme and subsequent restoration from the backup, rather than my cache. Is there anything else you can suggest?

Hello there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you please tell me the backup that you had used was it provided by your hosting provider or did you create the backup your self before the update? The backup may not have been configured correctly and that may be causing the issue.

Please try switching to another theme and then go to Dashboard -> Updates and install any pending theme and plugin updates there.

Best Regards,
Support

The restoration was carried out by our host. They used an automatic backup they generate for us every few days.

We tried switching to a different theme but it didn’t work. We don’t want to update our current theme because it gave us lots of problems and we’d end up with no homepage and “formatting” of the site (it loses all the custom CSS we added through the customise feature), which would take us a couple of days to sort out.

Is there anything else we can do at all?

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

In this situation please try clearing your WordPress cache using the following plugin:

If that does not allow you update your changes then you would have to restore the WordPress database and reinstall the theme.

The following link will explain the steps:

Best Regards,
Support