Site title SEO

I have added a logo to replace the site title.

I have noticed the site title is a h1 and appears as ‘hidden’ when I check the source code.

Google seems to pick this up as a h1 although I have hidden it via the customise of the template.

How can / where can I find the code for the site title so I can change it to something else as it is effecting SEO.

Although it is ‘hidden’ my page displays it to google and looks like this

h1 ‘removals’ (site title, relaxed by logo. No need to be a h1)

Copy on page:
H1 ‘removals’
H2 ‘based in Birmingham’

So I get 2 x h1

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You would have to go to Appearance > Editor > header.php and edit the header tag there but please make a backup before making any changes there:

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks I have looked at the header.php file.
The h1 tag does not appear in here.

Hello there,

This is the exact code you are looking for :

<h1 class="site-name">' : '<span class="site-name">'; ?>

<?php

if ( $show_logo && has_custom_logo() ) {
										the_custom_logo();
									} else { ?>
										<a class="navbar-brand" href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name', 'display' ) ); ?>" rel="home"><?php  bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></a>
									<?php } ?>

<?php echo is_home() ?  '</h1>'

You will have to change the h1 tags to something else.

Best Regards,
Support

thank you, i have been through all the files and can not find where this code is? any ideas?

hi

Its in the header,php file as it was mentioned before :slight_smile:
https://github.com/puikinsh/Activello/blob/master/header.php line 77

Damn. Stupid me its the Allegiant theme not the Activello. Sorry. Still cant find the option.

Allegiant is not our theme :slight_smile:

Hello @jackyyanke,

You would have to change the h1 tag in the theme template files too and your theme does not appear to be on that was created by Colorlib either.

Best Regards,
Support

I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions Thanks!