Slider and colours

Hello Aigars,

I have few questions about your theme:

1. I have some difficulties with adding slider to my homepage (there are recent posts, not static page). I, of course, ticked checkbox in theme options/main, I selected category and number of sliders, I have 3 posts in that category and… nothing :slight_smile: Is there anything that I forgot to do? For now, I have big logo on my blog, but eventually I would like to have name of my page (text) and the slider.

2. Is it possible to change colour of text in Sparkling Popular Posts Widget? It is light grey now, can it be black for example?

3. Is it possible to change color in tags? I changed (somehow:)) color on hover there, but it is still light grey normally.

4. Is it possible to add colored “background” in menu? For example, when I am on home page, text “home page” will be the only one on violet background.

Thank you for your great work with Sparkling and hope you can solve my problems!:slight_smile:
My blog: serwer1343380.home.pl/autoinstalator/wordpress/

1. In your case slider might not working properly because you are using “cherry-plugin” which is also based on the same flexslider.js as slider used for theme. But it should at least show images without transitions. Try to disable all plugins and see if you can make it work that way and then enable plugin after plugin to see which one is to blame.

2. It uses the same color used for URLs/links which you can find and tweak via Theme Options - Typography - Link Color

3. Tag hover works together with “Element hover”. To change background color there is no option for that as of yet but you can add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS and change HEX value with color you want to use.

.tagcloud a {
    background: #111;
}
  1. This theme doesn’t support background color for active menu item like you can see on Dazzling theme https://colorlib.com/dazzling/ because we wanted to make this theme cleaner. However, you can apply color by adding this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS
.navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a:hover, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a:focus, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a:hover, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a:focus, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a:hover, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a:focus {
    background: #9C16A0;
    color: #fff;
}

Hi Aigars,
Thank you for your quick answers! I have followed your instructions but there are still few things that I can`t fix:

1. Slider works!
  2. Text in Sparkling Categories is still light grey - can I do anything about it?
  3. Tags work!
  4. Doesn`t work… I copied the code just below the code about tags and nothing happened

Can you help me with those things?
Best regards:)

1. You previously asked about popular posts widget not categories. So here is solution for categories;
    Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS and replace it with the right hex color
#secondary .widget a {
    color: #f00;
}
  1. I see that you are running int some code encoding issues. Take the same code from above and past it directly in style.css at the very end of the style.css and let me know if this works.
  1. Unfortunately, it does not work. I pasted the code in Custom CSS under the previos codes (tags and categories) and there is no background color in menu. Is there anything else what I can do about it?

Please read my previous message:

4. I see that you are running int some code encoding issues. Take the same code from above and past it directly in style.css at the very end of the style.css and let me know if this works.

Works, thank you!

Can I change colour of text in subscription widget? It is grey now but I want it to be black.

I wonder also, is it possible to remove my gravatar and name which is under every post?

Subscribe widget color can be changed by adding this to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS.

p#subscribe-text {
    color: #111;
}

Author box can be remove by adding this

.secondary-content-box {
    display: none;
}

Hi. The free sparkling theme does not appear like you show it on the demo. Especially the sliders. The slider is skewed upwards and doesn’t sit well on the top part. Is there something missing, something i need to purchase. I am ready to.

My blog: www.proexcellence-management.com/wp-admin/themes.php

Proexcellence,

Please start your own thread as your question has nothing to do with this discussion.

You can read theme documentation that will help you to get started with this theme. To setup website just like in our theme demo you don’t need premium version of this theme or any coding knowledge. Everything can be done via Theme Options.

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with some custom CSS to change the colour of the header in the slider text to #44a9da?

Many thanks

Hi @evadixon,

This is too old thread and to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Thanks,
Movin