Slider broke after WordPress update

Travelify is a very nice theme and I use it for my website http://www.otawa.fr.

Particularly, I’m using the slider with text and featured images. Until recently, it was perfectly working.

Yet, I got the bad idea to update WordPress to the new 4.6.1 version. And now, the slider is still working but it doesn’t select the right image: instead of displaying the featured image of the corresponding post (while it is still displaying the right text), it displays the featured image (for each post in the slide) the featured image of the first post of the recent post list.

You can easily observe this by browsing my website. So I beg your help…

Hi @casse,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I could confirm the issue on your shared site but it’s working fine for me on my test site using latest version of WordPress.

Could you please share me the screenshot of your slider settings or would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Thank you a lot.

I created a login called “colorlib” with password “colorlib2016”. It will remain active for one week. Sey me if you need more.

I investigated a bit the bug and it seems to come from WordPress itself. The query to get the posts seems to get the right parameters and return the right number of posts. Yet, $posts variable contains only posts of the news list and the returned posts in the query contains the same title and the same ID, the one of the first news post. Strangely, get_exercpt() seems to work well.

Best regards.

Thank you for sharing the site credentials but the wp-admin and wp-login.php login screens are not working on your so i couldn’t find the log in form on your site.

Please advise.

Yeah, sorry.

We have a redirection for www.otawa.fr that doesn’t seem to work for login page. You can also access the site at : http://www.tracesgroup.net/otawa/.

Thank you for your help.

I logged in to your site and just temporary deactivated all plugins on your site which made the slider worked fine as shown in the attached screenshot.

It is confirmed that it is causing by one of the plugin that you are using on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting to cause this issue.

It seems that the colorlib themes are incompatible with the plugin Easy FAQS. Just inactivating it solved the problem.

Thanks.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: