Slider color overlay?

I love the way the Slider is formatted, but I’ve had to change my feature photos to accommodate the text, is there a way to darken the photo via code and not have to have darker feature photos? That way they can be a shade darker in the Slider and normal in the post.

Hi @jaykimdotnet,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

is there a way to darken the photo via code and not have to have darker feature photos?

I am not sure what you meant by this so please describe it a bit more in detail by sharing screenshot of it.

Do you mean to apply dark background to the slider text?

Best Regards,
Movin

That would work. Would that only darken the background of the text or would it fill the entire image? Because I’d like it to be the entire image.

You can try achieving this for the entire image by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.flexslider .slides li.flex-active-slide:before {
    display: block;
    width: 2000px;
    height: 550px;
    background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    content: "";
    z-index: 0;
    max-width: 100%;
    max-height: 100%;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
}

That’s perfect! Thank you!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi!
Do you mind showing the other option you mentioned as well, not to darken the entire image, but add a darker the background of the text?

I have the same problem, that the text is not shown well on light images.
Thanks!

@julaya To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.