Slider Disappears Abruptly

Hello,

I’m using the 2.0 theme, no child theme, and my slider doesn’t work anymore. Not sure what the problem is since I did not make any changes. It shows up for 2 seconds, then disappears abruptly.

Is there a solution for this?

Hi @jbjeens,

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Sparkling theme.

Could you please try configuring the slider from the following path in your admin area.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Slider options

To enable slider tick checkbox “Check if you want to enable slider” on the above path.

Select category from dropdown to use for slider
Now enter number of slides to be used in slider (newest Posts from that category will be used)

Please make sure that you have created categories on your site and assigned it to posts as described on the following page.

Make sure you have Featured Images selected for those Posts as described on the following page.

http://freewptp.com/tutorials/how-to-set-featured-image-or-post-thumbnail-in-wordpress/

Also could you please share site URL where it’s not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @movin,

Here is the link to the site: basedgamer.com/blog/

The slider was working fine before, but now it disappears abruptly. I made no changes to the theme. Would love your help.

Hi @jbjeens,

Thank you for sharing your site URL.

I visited your site and found that on your site the add this widget is generating the error message as shown in the attached screenshot which is causing slider not to work.

Could you please try removing the add this widget from your site?

If you are not sure how to remove it the you can just try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Regards,
Movin