Slider disappears on refresh

Hi! Thank you for your previous help to me!
I have a slight problem: Slider shows up at first but when I switch to another page and then back to home page, slider doesn’t show. I’m in offline mode, but shouldn’t it still work? They only way I get it to work again if I empty page cache and refresh the page, but after a few links on the page, it stops showing up. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thank you much in advance!

P.S. I’m using child theme if that’s helpful.

Could you please check if the same thing happens on demo website: https://colorlib.com/sparkling/

If not, then I will have to see fully working website online and investigate from there. Otherwise, it is like cutting hair via phone. :slight_smile:

If it is not working on demo site as well, then please let me know what browser and operating system do you use?

It works good on the demo site. Perhaps it is because I am modifying the theme through a plugin without going live. I will update and put it live and see what happens. I’m having glitches with footer as well. It doesn’t want to be responsive and widgets show on top of each other. I will not waste your time anymore before I put it live. Thank you very much!

Hi Aigars,
So I took the site live just to check if slider still disappears and it does. It loads at first but if you click on another link at the menu and then back on the home link, slider is gone and I have to refresh the page before it appears again.

Also, widgets in the footer get all jumbled up when I decrease the size of the window. They literally go on top of each other.

Thank you in advance for your help on this!
The website is http://garyahlskog.com

Lara

Awesome looking website!

To fix footer widgets add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS or inside Child Theme style.css since you use one.

.footer-widget {
    overflow: hidden;
}

For slider I am not that certain what is going on because PHP is not executed properly and no HTML code is printed in your website source. Slider script and CSS is printed in correct places which means that functions.php file where they are enqueued are working fine. That leads me to think that there are some issues with slider php itself, but I am not sure what it is.

Did you make any changes to that code, except CSS modification of course?

Thank you!

No I made no modifications to slider code. I didn’t even open it. You think it’s something with the hosting php?

I have isolated the problem to Safari. Brand new mac safari, older safari, all these safaries are not displaying slider. Firefox works perfect. Not sure how to fix that.

Hi Aigars,

Still no luck fixing it. I think it has something to do with font-awesome.woof file and slider. Also, when I copy the functions.php into child theme, the website disappears which makes me think there is something wrong with the functions code and that’s why it’s not working. Any ideas?

It happens to me too in chrome what i saw is when you cleared the browser cache it comes back again.

Maybe this info will help solving it.

This should be fixed with version 1.2.x

Hello,

Any find a solution for that? I am having the same problem on chrome and i can confirm that the problem doesn’t exist on firefox

Do you use the latest theme version?

Hi Aigars,

Yes i believe it is, i downloaded it yesterday , sparkling version 1.4.0.
Could the reason be that i have wordpress version 3.9.1 installed?