Slider Display Issues

Hi There, thank you for this great Theme (Unite)
I’m having an issue where small white marks ( like small white boxes with round edges ) appear above and below my slider on the very left hand side. I’ve made sure all of my images are the same size (1100x400), I also tried changing the “twbs=3” to “2” or illiminating this part in the shortcode altogether, but it makes no difference to anything.

I’d also like to change the size, position and color of the captions boxes on the slider in the CSS, can you point me to what lines to change in which css file please?, I’d also need to eliminate the dead space above and below the slider occupied by these white marks whatever they are.

Many thanks for your help!

twbs=3 stands for Bootstrap 3 which is what I did use for this theme.

There is a very minimal styling applied to this theme and you can find it at the end of style.css

Here it is in full:

/* =Slider
----------------------------------------------- */
.carousel-caption h4 {
	background: #54397e;
    background: rgba(84, 57, 126,0.7);
    padding: 15px;
    color: #fff;
    max-width: 55%;
    margin-bottom: 4px;
}
.carousel-caption {
    left: 20px;
    text-align: left;
    padding-bottom: 20px;
}
.carousel-caption p {
	background: #555;
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0,0.5);
    padding: 15px;
    max-width: 50%;
}
.carousel {
    margin-bottom: 20px;
}
@media screen and (min-width: 768px) {
  .carousel-indicators {
    bottom: 5px;
  }
}

I don’t know what marks you are describing here but are they present on our demo site? https://colorlib.com/unite/

Thank you very much for your quick response, below are two screenshots links of the left hand side of the slider, the first is with the “show slide controls” active, the second deactivated, you can see the white boxes above and below the image. No they don’t appear on the demo.

Regards,
Paul
screenshot1
screenshot2

Ooops let me try and enter those as links:

Can’t get the screenshots to show, here are the dropbox urls for them, Thanks

Most likely you have wrapped your slider code with <p> tags. Probably tried to center the entire thing or something. Make sure to open your post in pure HTML (Text for WordPress) and check if there is no unnecessary code around your slider shortcode.

That was it! The Wordpress text editor had automatically put tags around the shortcode.
Thanks so much for your help, problem solved, I’ll rate your theme.
Regards, Paul

Thanks! I would really appreciate that!