Slider doesn't crop properly

I have started working on my wordpress site using your wonderful theme but I am facing problems with the slider, which is not cropping the image and there are grey spaced on both sides. I have read many similar cases on this forum but I do not have neither Jetpack nor Photon…

Thanks in advance,

Hi @whenaudreymetdarcy,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

Please make sure your set slider images are at least in size 1290px X 400px so that it will display as shown on the demo site https://colorlib.com/sparkling/

Also use the plugin Regenerate Thumbnails – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org to regenerate thumbnail images.

After doing this if you are still facing the issue with it then would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks Movin for this quick answer,

I am resizing the images in a web format of 1300x867px so they are not that heavy. In the case of the post “Skies of LA”, the slider is not cropped properly, still showing grey spaces on the sides. The plugging regenerate_thumbnails is installed as well.

Moreover, I have seen that the first image in the post is also cropped, is there any way it is only cropped to fit the slider, but not in the post grid or in the post itself. And in case the cropping happens can we chose the part of the image we want to be seen.

Also some recommendations on ideal image sizes for this theme would be great :slight_smile:

My web: http://www.whenaudreymetdarcy.com/wp-login.php?loggedout=true

Email: [email protected]
password: h1504j08091987wamd

Looking forward to your reply and feedback,

Thanks in advance,

Joaquim

I tried to access your site using shared credentials but the credentials are not working in the Authentication required pop up displayed on your site.

Have you made sure the slider images are at least in size 1920px X 550px which is recommended ideal image size ?

Do not just install the plugin but use its functionality to regenerate thumbnail images on your site.

Hi Movin,

Ups, I also have some trouble with the credentials, try these:

User:
whenau428
Password:
8pDKMgkV

They should work on the pop up display, and then I guess the ones I already gave you should work to access wp. If not let me know and I’ll figure out what’s going on.

So the slider image should be bigger than the rest of the post images, ok I’ll change that and check the functionality of the plugin and let you know.

Thanks in advance,

Joaquim

So the slider image should be bigger than the rest of the post images, ok I’ll change that and check the functionality of the plugin and let you know.

Please do let me know the result after doing this.

Hi Movin,

The slider problem is solved once I resize the images to 1920px. But the same image, as the first image appears cropped both in the main-home page and when the post page is loaded, is there any way to show it uncropped on those cases.

Thanks in adavnce,

Joaquim

P.S. Did you manage to access my site with the credentials I gave you?

The slider problem is solved once I resize the images to 1920px.

Awesome great to see you got that resolved.

But the same image, as the first image appears cropped both in the main-home page and when the post page is loaded, is there any way to show it uncropped on those cases.

You can try displaying them uncropped by using the custom plugin solution shared in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/define-sizeformat-of-featured-image-on-home-page/#post-59419

Hi Movin,

It all worked! Thanks so much!

As I am working in the webpage I finding more little issues that maybe you can solve.

1. Is it possible to open the social links on new tabs?
  2. Can the excerpt text appear aligned on the center instead to the left?

Thanks so much in advance!

Joaquim

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

1) Is it possible to open the social links on new tabs? 2) Can the excerpt text appear aligned on the center instead to the left?

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your other questions here Activello - Colorlib Support Forum instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.