Slider & Feature images - How to separate them?

Hi there!

First of all a big thanks to Colorlib for creating such a brilliant theme and making it free!

So far I’ve managed to customize it with the WYSIWYG options and a bit of custom CSS, but the last thing which really bugs me is the fact that the image of a blog/post also gets used for the slider feature, but in fact if you use the recommended 1920x550 mentioned in the documentation then often the image doesn’t properly fit the blogposts featured image which is supposed to have dimensions 720x410.

So either way you go the image will look bad / unproperly in one way. Is there a way to work around this? I won’t mind it if I have to alter some source files for it.

Many thanks in advance!

My site: www.selectstart.de

Hi @unclebazinga,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You don’t need to use slider image size 1920 × 550 you can use it whatever you want. On our demo site here https://colorlib.com/sparkling/ it is 1285 X 400

Also blog post featured image size is 750 X 410 and not 720×410

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @Movin,

thanks for the fast response. I get what you mean, but my issue is that if I choose i.e. 1920x550 or 1285x400 then the main focus of the desired image often is dismissed in it’s blog post feature which is limited to 750x410 because the image doesn’t seem to get scaled down.

On a sidenote: I would love to include all categories into the slider, not only one distinct category. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Once again many thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

thanks for the fast response. I get what you mean, but my issue is that if I choose i.e. 1920×550 or 1285×400 then the main focus of the desired image often is dismissed in it’s blog post feature which is limited to 750×410 because the image doesn’t seem to get scaled down.

You can try achieving this by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code which will display full featured image on posts not restricted to the size 750×410 .

On a sidenote: I would love to include all categories into the slider, not only one distinct category. Is there a way to accomplish this?

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your other questions here Sparkling - Colorlib Support Forum instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Awesome, many thanks for the custom plugin. You rock!
I’ve noticed that the plugin only seems to work with the latest post? The posts before are still the same even though that I’ve tried several times to re-add the image, remove it etc.?

I’ve created a new thread in the Sparkling forum for the other topic. Sure thing!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed that the plugin only seems to work with the latest post? The posts before are still the same even though that I’ve tried several times to re-add the image, remove it etc.?

Please try using following plugin to regenerate old images.

Sorry for the late response, but thanks. This plugins did the trick!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: