Slider is not compatible with Jetpack's Photon

Hi I activated the Jetpack Photon add-on for my Activello theme and it appears after troubleshooting several things with Jetpack’s support team that this theme may have a bug with Photon loading the slider images properly on the homepage. The issue happening is that Photon is serving the wrong image size/dimensions for the slider image (much smaller than it should be in width), however all other images on the site load fine. It should display full width edge to edge. I found a workaround in a Jetpack forum, which is to add this in my functions.php file, but it requires that I add the image ID to that array every time I want to change the banner image or it will keep showing wrong dimensions…so not ideal. Any ideas on a fix??

add_filter( ‘jetpack_photon_override_image_downsize’, ‘__return_true’ );
$imageInfo = wp_get_attachment_image_src( 9340, ‘full’ );
remove_filter( ‘jetpack_photon_override_image_downsize’, ‘__return_true’ );

$attachmentImage = wp_get_attachment_image_src( 9340, ‘full’ );
$url = $attachmentImage[0];
$width = $imageInfo[1];
$height = $imageInfo[2];

Hi @enjoy,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

I have notified the theme developer about this on the following page so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks how will I be notified when it’s been fixed?

You will be notified in this topic.

Looking to get notified.

You can also check its status anytime on the following page.

Thanks, still no progress on this. Any idea when it will be completed?

Currently we don’t have any ETA for it.

Hi guys,

just a friendly note: this has been fixed in the latest development build. Release to wordpress.org will be done sometime this week and an update notification will be shown in your Dashboards.

Thanks.

So this is updated/fixed with the latest theme update or jetpack update? https://github.com/puikinsh/Activello/issues/81

Any idea when this problem is fixed? I have the same “JetPack and images in the slider” problem.
Thx

So is this resolved? Looking at the git link it looks closed now…but not sure if it’s been posted and the change log is not updated with specifics.

Yes it is fixed in the github version of theme and will be available on Wp.org soon.

Do you know more specifically when?