Slider just stacks images

A child theme of Sparking is running (for reasons I am unaware of) and when the Sparking Theme was updated, the slider now stacks the images. So to elaborate, if you are looking at the site, Slider Image 1 is at the top with Sider Image 2 under it, and Slider Image 3 under that out. I cannot figure out what is wrong and why it is doing this.

Hi there
Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question ?
In order to check your question i need to see your live website, please provide url and i will take a look

Hey there

Let me check it from the backend, please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box

Is there any other way? I do not feel comfortable giving access to the backend of the site.

Hey there

I don’t know such a way if you have other ideas I’m ready to discuss. :slight_smile:
First of all make sure you have updated theme and plugins, secondly, I see these files are not loading from the server, they generate 404 error, make sure they are on the correct place and have proper permissions:

I can not figure this out. What was the plugin to give you access again?

Good morning

please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box

What type of access do you need? Admin or is and editor ok?

Good morning

Only Admin :slight_smile:

Here is the link. This will expire in 1 day.
https://standardforgedproductsinc.com/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=f12af319b283c688f2994a688716db30

Hey there

Ok, found the root,
The problem is this code in your child theme:

function custom_sparkling_scripts(){
if( of_get_option(‘sparkling_slider_checkbox’) == 1 ) {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘flexslider-css’, get_template_directory_uri().’/inc/css/flexslider.css’ );
// Add slider JS only if is front page ans slider is enabled
wp_enqueue_script( ‘flexslider-js’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/inc/js/flexslider.min.js’, array(‘jquery’), ‘20140222’, true );
// Flexslider customization
wp_enqueue_script( ‘flexslider-customization’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/inc/js/flexslider-custom.js’, array(‘jquery’, ‘flexslider-js’), ‘20140716’, true );
}

}
add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘custom_sparkling_scripts’ );

just remove it and the slider will work

I tried to remove the code but I am unable to. I keep getting the following error: “Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.”
I have tries using different browsers (Safari - Mac, Chrome - Windows, Edge - Windows) and computers (Mac and Windows). Any suggestions?

Hello

Try to use FTP protocol to login and edit your files, you can also use your hositng panel and file manager to edit files :slight_smile:

This fixed the Home page but not the rest of the site which also has the slider on it. Any suggestions?

You have the same problem on other pages as well,
Btw, you can activate parent theme and this problem will be fixed once at all :slight_smile:

Yes, this fixed it on the home page but where do I go to fix that on the rest of the pages. I do not want to remove the child theme as it will cause me to fix many other thing on the rest of the site.

Hello Michaeld

This problem is caused by your modification in the child theme, hard to investigate someone’s customization…
i will try to help you, please enable link again and post it in your reply

That maybe the case but everything worked fine prior to updates.
Here is the link again:
https://standardforgedproductsinc.com/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=f12af319b283c688f2994a688716db30

Thank you!

Hi michal

Your code is still in function.php which is causing a problem, you have to remove it or font something else, unfortunately, I can’t help you with custom codes added in the theme