Slider not reflecting changes made

Hi Movin,

For my site thistablesquare.com I changed the Slider option to only show the Travel category and for 3 posts, but the slider is now showing 4 recent posts from all categories. What should I do? Much thanks.

Qi

Hi Qi,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

This can be child theme issue on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Sparkling theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue so just share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot it.

Best regards,
Vinod Dalvi

Hi Vinod,

The same issue remains in Sparkling theme - the slider is also not responding to changes. And now the slider is also showing the categories as well, which I don’t want. What do you think we should try next to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Qi

After using Sparkling theme please try clearing the WP-Super-Cache from your site or temporary disable it.

Hi Vinod,

Slider still not showing my preference for showing only Travel category for 3 posts. I’ve cleared cache and turned WP-Super-Cache in Sparkling theme. What now please?

Qi

Could you please share me the screenshot of your slider settings?

Screen shot attached Vinod.

It seems good from your shared screenshot.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Username: 1
Password: colorlibsupport9900*

Thanks Vinod. I’ve switched the theme back to Activello child.

Hi,

It seems you’re assigning multiple categories for the posts, so only it didn’t choose the correct posts, and also parent child categories makes confuse WordPress to grab posts, you can try make categories separately instead parent-child relatationship and try again?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz,

In child theme only, I changed the posts I want to show on slider to only ‘Travel’ category, and removed other posts from Travel, but the slider remain the same. What’s next?

Hi,

You did some work in the Child theme, http://take.ms/VsfNx that cause the issue. Try removing that function from the child theme, and all will be normal. :slight_smile:

I isntalled a plugin named, WPIDE, if you want you can use that for editing, else uninstall it. :slight_smile:

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thank you Laranz. I used WPIDE to change number of slides to 3, but how do I fix the Category for the slider to ‘Travel’ please?

Hi,

Change this line in the functions.php using WPIDE,

$slidecat = get_theme_mod( 'activello_featured_cat' );

to

$slidecat = 'travel';

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

HI Laranz,

After making the change I’m getting an error in the subsequent query line. The error is about “=” in the query line. What to do?

Hi,

I changed the code, can you now check. :slight_smile:

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz,

Thanks for getting rid of the error. Unfortunately, the slider is still showing the more recent 3 posts from all categories rather than only from Travel. Not sure why the code is not overriding this. What shall we try next? Don’t worry, this is fun for me.

It seems something wrong happening on your site. Please visit the categories page in the admin area of your site and click on Travel category count as shown in the below screenshot.

It should display only three posts belong to this category but it is displaying many more.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Here’s the screenshot.

Ok, Movin, I’ve removed the other posts from Travel. Think I need to put back the original codes for the slider - because now the slider is gone and it just states “Travel blog posts”. Do you have the original codes please?