Slider not working

Hi

I have activated the slider, chosen the category, uploaded pics and set them as featured images in the posts of the chosen slider category, but there is no slider showing on my site.

wildmylife.com

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Olly

Hello? Anyone there to respond?

Disappointed to not receive a reply to this.

Hi Olly,

Sorry for the delay here.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi thanks for gating back.

The login details are -

Admin URL : http://wildmylife.com/wp-admin/
Admin Username : ActivTemp
Admin Password : d0Lqi6wsDR%mpkW5YCu8my5z

Many thanks
Olly

Hi Any luck with this yet?
Olly

It took time to reply here as we don’t get email notification for private reply so i got it when you posted normal reply.

I could not access admin area of your site because the site credentials that you have shared didn’t work in the Authentication Required pop up box that displays when i try to access your site log in screen.

Are the credentials different for Authentication Required pop up box?

I accessed front end of the site and saw that your site is displaying the javascript error message in the browser console as shown in the attached screenshot.

I am not getting such error message on my test site using latest version of Activello theme so i want to ask whether you have made any changes in the theme files?

Please try deleting and reinstalling fresh latest version of Activello theme.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Hi

Sorry, there was another layer of security added by my hosting. It’s now removed so you should be able to log in.

I disabled all the plugins and the slider still didn’t show.

I have modified the theme by removing the footer, and by adding CSS script in Activello options, Other - using code you’d posted to another question re removing the category header.

Many thanks
Olly

I have modified the theme by removing the footer, and by adding CSS script in Activello options, Other – using code you’d posted to another question re removing the category header.

It’s ok to use CSS code by adding it in the in Activello options, Other but you should not make changes in the theme files because you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation so instead make changes in the theme functionality by developing its child theme.

I think the error message is occurring on your site due to changes that you made in the theme that is preventing slider to work so please try removing these changes from theme files or delete the theme and reinstall fresh latest version of it.

Hi

Yes it now works having reinstalled the theme, thanks.

Ideally I’d like to have the slider picture from a post that doesn’t show in the blog, but when I set a featured image in a post for the slider and keep the post as private I can’t use it in the slider. Is there a way of doing this?

Also, do you have the code for custom CSS to stop the category showing as a title above the posts?

Many thanks
Olly

Yes it now works having reinstalled the theme, thanks.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Ideally I’d like to have the slider picture from a post that doesn’t show in the blog, but when I set a featured image in a post for the slider and keep the post as private I can’t use it in the slider. Is there a way of doing this?

You can try achieving this by using the custom solution posted in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/suppress-slider-on-posts-page/

Also, do you have the code for custom CSS to stop the category showing as a title above the posts?

If you are talking about the posts in the slider then use the below CSS code

.flex-caption .post-categories {
    display: none;
}

and if you are talking about the individual posts then use the following code.

body.single-post .cat-title {
    display: none;
}

That’s awesome support. Thank you =)

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: