Slider not working

We had everything set up on our test directory and it was working great. We recently moved our site to the root directory and now our slider does not appear to be working.

I have 6 slider options set. Only the first one is showing and it stays there static.

I haven’t changed any of the settings so I am not sure why the slider won’t slide to show additional posts?

Our site is http://fanatictourist.com

Thank you.

Hi @fanatictourist,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

You can try resolving this issue by visiting the Slider Options page on the following path and resaving the slider settings.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Travelify Other Options -> Travelify Featured Slider -> Slider Options

If it still doesn’t work for you then could you please share the screenshot of your slider settings displayed on the above path?

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks Movin, I did do that and it did not change.

Here is the screenshot you requested.

It is still not working. Could it be because when we originally set up the theme in wordpress we set it up in our test directory http://fanatictourist.com/sandbox.

Now we have moved the wordpress installation to the root directory to take the site live at http://fanatictourist.com ?

Would sincerely appreciate some insight as to why it won’t work?

Thank you,
Kim

Hi Kim,

It seems from your shared screenshots that you are using older version of theme so could you please try using latest version of theme?

Please note that in the latest version of theme all theme options are now moved to WordPress customizer that you can find in the admin area under Appearance >> Customize. All settings are still there but now you can tweak everything on a live preview. This change is made due to wordpress.org recommendation.

Best Regards,
Movin

I am using Version: 9.9.9 with a child theme. It was a child theme that you made for me. There are no current updates in wordpress. What is the latest version then? And how do I get it?

Please advise, I would appreciate a reply. Thank you.

The latest version of theme is 3.0.2 which you can get from the page Travelify – WordPress theme | WordPress.org

Please do not post all your normal replies as private replies because we don’t get notifications of private replies.

My apologies, I did not know that you would not get notification of private messages.

So do I have to uninstall my current Version: 9.9.9 and then install the new version of travelify through the dashboard? And what happens with my child theme?

Will I lose all of the customization that I have done in the current parent theme Version: 9.9.9?

My apologies, I did not know that you would not get notification of private messages.

No issue. You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

So do I have to uninstall my current Version: 9.9.9 and then install the new version of travelify through the dashboard? And what happens with my child theme?

Yes you have to uninstall your existing theme and install the new version of it. Do keep backup of your existing theme. The child theme is update proof so it won’t affect.

Will I lose all of the customization that I have done in the current parent theme Version: 9.9.9?

If you make changes in the theme file then you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the parent theme files get lost on theme updation so it’s recommended to make change using child theme.

Okay so I updated to the current theme. All of my customizations were kept in the child theme except for some header details that our programmer had customized last fall on the parent theme… uggg. I will deal with that, the problem is

The slider is still not working.

My only guess is that it there could be a conflict with another plugin? It is funny that it was working though, right up until we moved the wordpress to the root.

Any more ideas?

Yes you are right this can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Good morning Movin,

So I de-activated all the plug-ins and one by one re-activated them. I found two culprits that prevented the slider from working.

Better WordPress Minify was the first one
WPB WooCommerce Product slider was the second one.

I wanted to let you know so that if anyone else has these problems they can check their active plug-ins. So now my slider is working beautifully again. :slight_smile:

Can you suggest an alternate plugin for a product slider compatible with this theme and woocommerce?

Thanks very much.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Awesome great to see you got that figured out.

Can you suggest an alternate plugin for a product slider compatible with this theme and woocommerce?

I am not sure about the working plugin but you can try using following alternate plugins.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/product-slider