Slider(order) | Read More Button

Hi,

first thank you for this great theme!

Slider-Order:

How can i change the order of the slider pages.
Im using pages not a slider-category. This is working with child-theme 64.

I tried it in different ways like changing the date of publishing, page number. But it shows me always the same page as the first slider picture.

Read-More:

To show read more buttons (with videos and pictures) on the startpage (categorypage) i want to use child theme 81.
how can i connect the code of child theme 64 (for slider pages) and child theme 81)?
write now, i just can use child theme 64 or child theme 81

thanks for your great support!

Hi @avakirin,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Slider-Order:

How can i change the order of the slider pages.
Im using pages not a slider-category. This is working with child-theme 64.

I tried it in different ways like changing the date of publishing, page number. But it shows me always the same page as the first slider picture.

Have you tried using Order & Orderby Parameter of WP_Query in the custom code to display slider pages in your child theme?

https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Order_.26_Orderby_Parameters

Read-More:

To show read more buttons (with videos and pictures) on the startpage (categorypage) i want to use child theme 81.
how can i connect the code of child theme 64 (for slider pages) and child theme 81)?
write now, i just can use child theme 64 or child theme 81

Could you please share me the topic URLs where these child themes are shared so that i can help you to combine them in to one?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi, thanks for your help.
I will check if its possivle using Order & Orderby Parameter of WP_Query for the slider order.

Topic Url for the child themes:
Child Theme 64:
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/slider-for-pages/

Child theme 81:
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/more-link-not-visible/

Thanks!

I have combined the code of both the child themes and attached it to this reply.

thanks a lot! The combined code working well!

But i couldnt fix the problem with the slider order on slider pages,also not with using Order & Orderby Parameter of WP_Query.

Their is a other solution?

You have to use menu_order in the orderby parameter and then order the pages using order fields of it as shown in the attached screenshot.

You can use the attached modified combined child theme that contains this change.

I put the menu_order in the orderby parameter in the custom css, write?

Also withe the child theme its still not working?!
Always the samepage is the first sliderpicture.
I also delete all slider pages, createthem new. change titel name etc.

thanks for help!

I put the menu_order in the orderby parameter in the custom css, write?

No it is wrong. You have to make changes in the slider function in the functions.php file of child theme and not in custom CSS.

Please just use the above shared child theme and then configure the page order from Page attributes section as displayed in the above shared screenshot.