Slider problem and featured image

Hi.

I´m having two problems with activello theme on my blog:

1. My slider doesn´t show the correct images. I´ve set it to show pictures from the postcategory “Foto”, but it shows pictures from other category’s to, right now it shows 2 pictures from the category “Natur”. If I set it to show pictures from a different post-category it works, but not when I choose “Foto”.

2. Sometimes the featured picture in some posts wont show up on the startpage when viewed from a tablet or smartphone. I´ve attached a screenshot from my iPad showing how it looks. When I enter the post it is shown as it should. I´ve compared the pictures in the affected posts with the others but can´t find anything that makes these pictures differ from all the others that actually work fine. In some posts I just removed the featured image just to get rid of the problem.

I´ve tried to reupload the images several times with no change.

Can you help me??

PS. A while ago I submitted translation files for Activello in Swedish. Are they implemented in the theme now??

Kind regards Pia Olsson

Hi Pia Olsson,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi.
Thanks for replying.
I thought I did write the URL for my site, but apparently not :slight_smile:
its: https://www.simplypapaya.com/

Pia

Found another post where one of the images inside the post wont appear. https://www.simplypapaya.com/2017/06/steninge-en-eftermiddag-vid-havet/

After the featured image the second picture is just a link. If you press it the picture will open. This problem is visible both on smartphone and computer.

Pia

Your shared site is not accessible and displaying the error message as shown in the attached screenshot.

I dont understand… Cant you access my site at all? Its fine from my end. I can access it from different computers and tablets and smartphones. Are you sure its not just a temporary thing at your end?

Pia

I can access your site now so seems temporary issue.

1. My slider doesn´t show the correct images. I´ve set it to show pictures from the postcategory “Foto”, but it shows pictures from other category’s to, right now it shows 2 pictures from the category “Natur”. If I set it to show pictures from a different post-category it works, but not when I choose “Foto”.

Actually the two posts in the slider have multiple categories attached. They are also in Foto category so displaying in the slider. Please see here https://www.simplypapaya.com/category/foto/

2. Sometimes the featured picture in some posts wont show up on the startpage when viewed from a tablet or smartphone. I´ve attached a screenshot from my iPad showing how it looks. When I enter the post it is shown as it should. I´ve compared the pictures in the affected posts with the others but can´t find anything that makes these pictures differ from all the others that actually work fine. In some posts I just removed the featured image just to get rid of the problem.

I don’t see the issue on your site. It is displaying fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

After the featured image the second picture is just a link. If you press it the picture will open. This problem is visible both on smartphone and computer.

Could you please share the screenshot from admin area where you have added the images?

Hi.

Sorry I havnt replied yet. Been on holiday :slight_smile:

1. I dont know why that post is in that category. If you look at this printscreen from one of those posts you can see that “Foto” isnt checked. This post should not be in that category. (see attached pic)?? The postcategory “Natur” is a subcategory to “Foto”, but if I uncheck “Foto” in the postdetails for a specific post, wouldnt that take it out of the mix of pictures in the slider?

2. Are you sure you viewed from a tablet or a smartphone? Because after the last post i posted another featured image is missing when viewed from 2 different iphones and 2 different ipads. (Attached a screenshot of that to). The post after the one that had the problem now also have the same issue. Its going to be interesting to see if another one will behave the same when I post next time.

I´ve attached a printscreen from my admin area, hope that was what you where looking for??

Pic of missing featured image

Printscreen from admin area

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Also please test it using different browsers on your tablet.