Slider taking 15-20 seconds to load

Hi there,

For some reason my slider is taking ages to load. I’ve set up my blog as a demo, just until I learn the WP ropes (I’m a complete newbie).

I wanted the slider to be wider height, and I’ve somehow managed to sort that (not quite sure how - I have to adjust the image size and then reset it to original dimensions to make the slider wider). But my site is very slow.

I’ve uploaded a screenshot of my plugins, in case it’s to do with that. I installed WP Smush after reading one of the forums on this issue, but it doesn’t make a difference.

My blog is beetruet.com.

Thanks!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect the slider?
In the meantime please try using this plugin to clear your WordPress cache:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there,

The link is beetruet.com

I’ve installed the plugin but it hasn’t made a difference so far.

Thanks!

hey tere

Looks like it was a temporary issue from the server, several minutes ago it was loading very slow, but at this moment site is working normally for me, can you confirm same?

Hi there,

Unfortunately it’s very sporadic. Sometimes it takes ages to load and other times it’s very fast. It seems to be worse on my laptop than it is on my phone.

Hannah

Right now its working normally, but i can recall it was really lazy before :slight_smile:
I will check it tomorrow again,

Hi there,

Unfortunately I’m having on-going issues with this problem. Sometimes it’s very fast, other times it takes ages. Do you have any more tips?

Thanks
Hannah

hi Hannah

I think this problem is not related to the theme or plugin or even WordPress, this is closely related to your hosting environment and my suggestion is to talk about this problem to your hosting company,
From what I see you have a normal page, normal image size, by default there must be a no problem