Slider text and link for Activello WordPress theme

Hi guys,
thanks for this amazing theme. I love it.

I have two issues about the slider:

1. How can I remove all the texts and leave just the image?

2. How can I make the image clickable? I mean, I’d want that people could click the image and go in the post page.

Thank you!

Hi @erostorre,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

You can achieve both of this by using the attached child theme of Activello theme that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

hey Movin,

so i went ahead and i used the attachment to remove the text from the image on the slider but if i wanted to link one of the images to a page(not a post) how would i go about that?

Thank You,

Hi @dtrbtf,

To link slider images to pages, you have to develop custom code like the code shared in the following reply for Sparkling theme.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/slider-for-pages-3/#post-36798

Regards,
Movin

Hi,

I’m using the PHP code uploaded here in Child-theme-24.zip by @Movin to make my pictures clickable in the slider. Unfortunately, there are now also posts in the slider, which have no posthumbnail and therefore the slider disapears for the posts with no thumbails and reappears when a post with postthumbnail is featured. The Slider should be show every Post with Thumbnail from the “Event” Category. You can watch this phenomen here.

I think it’s because of the if statement:

if ( (function_exists( 'has_post_thumbnail' )) && ( has_post_thumbnail() ) ) :

But I wasn’t able to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance,

Alex

@Alex This is old topic so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

I’m a wp beginner here. I want to do the same thing (remove text and links from the slider, use only the image), but can’t find the options. I tried uploading the child theme, but got this message:

Destination folder already exists. /home2/califqq8/public_html/wp-content/themes/child-theme/
Theme install failed.

So if it is already installed, where do I find the options for no text or links in my slider? Thank you.

@rlegates Please take backup of your existing child theme and delete it then you can use the above shared child theme on your site.

Again, I’m a wp newbie, so please forgive me. I deleted and reuploaded both the child theme and the Activello theme. When I upload the child theme, I get this message (Activello is installed, but I don’t know what Activello-master is):

Installing Theme from uploaded file: child-theme-24.zip
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
This theme requires a parent theme. Checking if it is installed…
The parent theme could not be found. You will need to install the parent theme, Activello-master, before you can use this child theme.
Theme installed successfully.

When I return to the Themes page, I see this at the bottom:

Broken Themes
The following themes are installed but incomplete.
Name Description
Child Theme The parent theme is missing. Please install the “Activello-master” parent theme.

I’m having the same issue so I’m following this thread to see the answer

-Sydney

That shared child theme is old so please delete that child theme and try using the attached modified child theme.

Thank you, this is working!

I’m still not sure where the option is to deactivate the link on the slider, however?

Also, the slider suddenly started showing the full image, instead of filling the slider space (ie, there are now grey boxes on either side of the slider image). How do I get it back to the original, to the edges of the window?

Thanks.

I’m still not sure where the option is to deactivate the link on the slider, however?

There isn’t any option it gets deactivated after activating the shared child theme on the site.

Also, the slider suddenly started showing the full image, instead of filling the slider space (ie, there are now grey boxes on either side of the slider image). How do I get it back to the original, to the edges of the window?

After using the shared child theme you have to regenerate thumbnails on your site using the following plugin.

This topic is old so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.