Slider Timing and Links

Is there a way to modify the time each slide is shown in the slider?

Also, how can I have a slide link to a page instead of a post?

Thanks!

1. There is a file called flexslider-custom.js that you can find in theme folder - inc - js. In that file you will find several functions for slider. One that you want to change is slideshowSpeed: 7000,
    This value is in milliseconds and you can use any value there.

2. Technically no, but you can use this plugin to point those posts to any page, website or any other URL. Users won’t be able to open these posts and they will see only pages to which you will link these posts.

Thanks so much Aigars! Love the theme.

Is there any way to have the image act as a link in addition to the text in a slider?

Lastly, how can I make a donation to say thanks for the great theme.

Inside extras.php file that you can find in theme folder - inc find dazzling_featured_slider function and replace the entire code with this one below. This will make slider image clickable.

if ( ! function_exists( 'sparkling_featured_slider' ) ) :
/**
 * Featured image slider, displayed on front page for static page and blog
 */
function sparkling_featured_slider() {
  if ( is_front_page() && of_get_option( 'sparkling_slider_checkbox' ) == 1 ) {
    echo '<div class="flexslider">';
      echo '<ul class="slides">';

$count = of_get_option( 'sparkling_slide_number' );
        $slidecat =of_get_option( 'sparkling_slide_categories' );

$query = new WP_Query( array( 'cat' =>$slidecat,'posts_per_page' =>$count ) );
        if ($query->have_posts()) :
          while ($query->have_posts()) : $query->the_post();

echo '<li>';
          echo '<a href="'. get_permalink() .'">';
            if ( (function_exists( 'has_post_thumbnail' )) && ( has_post_thumbnail() ) ) :
              echo get_the_post_thumbnail();
            endif;

echo '<div class="flex-caption">';

if ( get_the_title() != '' ) echo '<h2 class="entry-title">'. get_the_title().'</h2>';
                  if ( get_the_excerpt() != '' ) echo '<div class="excerpt">' . get_the_excerpt() .'</div>';

echo '</div>';

endwhile;
            endif;
            echo '</a>';
          echo '</li>';
      echo '</ul>';
    echo ' </div>';
  }
}
endif;

These changes can be done via Child Theme as well by copy/pasting code from above to Child Theme functions.php file. It will overwrite original theme function.

For donations the best is to use PayPal where my ID is a.silkalns[at]gmail.com (replace [at] with @). I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!