slideshow display for Activello WordPress theme

Hello,

Thank you for this great theme. I had been looking for one like this for a while !

I have two questions regarding the slideshow:

I would like to choose which posts appear in the slideshow, but if I create a ‘Slides’ category and put the posts I want to feature on the slideshow in their original category and the Slides category, the name of the two categories appear on the text of the slide (and on the top of the post page, which is a bit ridiculous), when I would like only the main category to appear, or none if that’s too complicated.

I thought that the image of the slides were the featured images of the posts, but in your demo, that is not the case: the images are narrower and all the same size. How do I achieve the same design ?

Thank you !

My site is www.mariannesouliez.com

Hi @sheelf,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

when I would like only the main category to appear, or none if that’s too complicated.

You can try hiding all categories by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.flex-caption .post-categories {
    display: none;
}

Or you can just hide all categories and display first one by using the below CSS code.

.flex-caption .post-categories li {
    display: none;
}
.flex-caption .post-categories li:first-child{
  display:block;
}

I thought that the image of the slides were the featured images of the posts, but in your demo, that is not the case: the images are narrower and all the same size. How do I achieve the same design ?

Yes they are featured images of the post which are set as described on the following page.

http://freewptp.com/tutorials/how-to-set-featured-image-or-post-thumbnail-in-wordpress/

If they are not displaying for you in proper size then try regenerating the image thumbnails again using the following plugin.

Best Regards,
Movin