Social Icon Suggestions for the Next Sparkling Theme Update

I’d love to see a couple of more social icons (which I have accounts with) added in the next Sparkling theme update in theme options for the following:

• SoundCloud
  • Vimeo

Also another suggestion, speaking of social icons… On HOVER, could you also make the TITLES of each social icon capitalized in the way that they are meant to look? I tried to manually do this in extras.php myself, but it wouldn’t work and made the social icons disappear after capitalizing letters in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr. If it’s not possible at all, then of course I can live with it. I’m just being a perfectionist.

For example:

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus OR AS Google+
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn
  • Pinterest
  • RSS
  • Tumblr
  • Flickr
  • Instagram
  • Dribbble
  • SoundCloud
  • Vimeo

extras.php:

// //Display social links
function sparkling_social(){
    $services = array ('facebook','twitter','googleplus','youtube','linkedin','pinterest','rss','tumblr','flickr','instagram','dribbble','skype', 'foursquare');

echo '<div class="social-icons">';

foreach ( $services as $service ) :

$active[$service] = of_get_option ('social_'.$service);
        if ($active[$service]) { echo '<a href="'. esc_url($active[$service]) .'" title="'. __('Follow us on ','sparkling').$service.'" class="'. $service .'"><i class="social_icon fa fa-'.$service.'"></i></a>';}

endforeach;
    echo '</div>';

}

I was able to change the text title from “Follow us on " to “Follow MPH on " successfully, and I added target=”_blank” so that each one opened in a new tab in the browser.

OK, thanks for reading my suggestions for the next theme update. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Adding new buttons is easy but making titles capitalized might be tricky and I will have to rewrite this part of code entirely but it is doable.

Will see if I can make it happen for the next update.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing the additional social icon buttons on the next update. :slight_smile:

You can totally skip the capitalized titles part. It’s no big deal, really. It sounds like it will take up way too much of your time if you have rewrite the entire coding.

Thank you again!

Hello!

I have some suggestions also for the next update:

Spotify
Bandcamp

Thanks!