Social Icons in Sparkling 2.0

@schrottie

Add last.fm URL just like any other socual link and add this CSS to Appearance >> Customize >> Sparkling Options >> Other.

#menu-social li a[href*="last.fm"] .fa:before, .fa-lastfm:before {content: "\f202"}
#menu-social li a[href*="last.fm"]:hover {background: #b90000}

Picasa icon is not on Font Awesome library therefore I can’t help you with that.

This doesn’t work for me. :-\

@schrottie

Ok, I see that is going on. Add my previously given code at the end of your style.css file for now and we will check if there is anything we can do to fix this in the next update.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Thx, this workaround is working fine. :slight_smile:

@Aigars I’m using a child Theme. I re-downloaded your theme, made some changes to mine, and now i have something like that :

@angristan

You are again using the old Font Awesome library and not one included in the theme update.

This is so strange… Renamed the file and modified functions.php, it’s working now. Thanks a lot for your time :smiley:

@angristan

Apparently it was still cached somewhere. No big deal :slight_smile:

By the way, do you know why the french translation of the search bar widget does not work ? It doesn’t work since a 1.9.x version.

@angristan

Please start a new thread as this one is not relevant and we will look into it.

Done. :slight_smile:

Hi,
Tried the instructions did everything stated and not showing the social icons on my site :frowning:

@grafixbiz

Try temporarily disabling PageSpeed plugin on tool that you are using to see if that resolves this issue. It appears that CSS it not applied properly when CSS is minimized PageSpeed.

Let me know if this is the case.

Hi Aigars, I’m sorry I can’t see that plugin in the plugins menu, can you see it somewhere I’m not looking?

@grafixbiz

It’s hard to tell which plugin you are using but it looks like some performance optimization plugin which is based on Google PageSpeed. Also this might be implemented by your hosting provider but I doubt that but theoretically it is possible.

I can see one reference to a plugin is wpc-contact-form when I look at the page source, the others are all stuff that came with original theme files I think as not added my end - confused.com :frowning:

Okok,

I changed settings according to what is said above. The social icons do work on my site, but they are not being showed on mobile devices.

goosebumpmoments.nl

Could you give me some advice on how to make them work again?
Thanks in advance

@goosebumpmoments

Make sure to clear your mobile browser cache and then try to visit your website again. I tested your site on both iOS and Android device and social icons are working perfectly fine.

Hi, where is the “Social Link” functions? I don’t find any on my menu section. There is only Pages, Post, Custom Link, Categories, and then as menu style the option “Social Menu” at the bottom.

I also tried the Jetpack social media icons, but nothing happens.

I am using some of the modified child themes that has some CSS code into it and plug in Movin made sometimes for some other function. Should I test with the Parent theme and/or copy something from the Parent theme to the child theme for the Social Link option to appear?

I think the custom CSS code added in the Customize mode had something to do with at least the Jetpack malfunction. Now when I erased the code(which intention was to make the text over the header/slider image to scale down, topic that was discussed here: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/scalingchange-size-of-the-slider-text-and-bars/) …it seem to allow the social sharing icons to posts. But still the sidebar icons are missing. Are they separate objects look for than Jetpack icons? And weird enough, the Custom mode “Social” has box to tick that makes them appear in the footer area that works. But not on the sidebar.