Social icons widget broke after the last update

Hello,
After the last update, some social icons broke.
Email icon is not shown, and RSS icon has undefined symbol.
My Email icon is configured as follows in CSS:
#menu-social li a[href*=“subscribe”]:hover { background-color: #DA4453 !important;}
#menu-social li a[href*=“subscribe”] .fa:before{content: “\f003”}

Please, help me to fix these two icons. My website evodify.com

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please try disabling any third party plugins that were not bundled with the theme as one of them may be causing a conflict with the social icons.

Best Regards,
Support

@dmytro
Your running version 2.4.0
Update your theme to 2.4.2 and that should resolve the issue

Hi there

@dmytro please provide link to your website and i will check it

Hello,

I have the same problem.

For me, it is W3 Total Cache that is causing this problem. Any suggestions what I could do?

Thank you very much!

Alex

I found out that it is the "Remove query strings from static resources " setting in the browser cache settings that makes the icons disappear.

Hi @alee,
Thanks for providing that feedback.

In this case, this could as well be cache related. W3 Total Cache plugin offers an option to remove query strings from static resources. You only need to UNCHECK (if already checked) an option and it will remove query strings from the URLs. Go to Browser Cache tool tab and find “Prevent caching of objects after settings change” option. UNCHECK it from ‘General Settings’ and don’t forget to click on ‘Save Settings’ button. You can then ‘Empty all Cache’.

I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Support.

Hello,

thank you for your answer. I wonder why this is happening now. It worked well so far. I was wondering if it would be possible to leave the settings to remove the query strings?

Thank you very much!

Hi there,
Thanks for writing back.

Unfortunately since this is a cache inherent issue, you would need to temporarily have that option disabled as well as clear all cache.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Best Regards,
Support.