Social Icons won't show

The social icons on my website have suddenly stopped displaying an image - instead, they show a small, white box which is offset to the bottom left corner.
I haven’t changed anything with the theme and they were working last week.

The icons show in the customizer live preview but not on the actual website.

Thanks for the help

Hi there,

This sounds like a conflict with something on your site like a plugin.
Hope you checked the plugins first i.e. disable all except the recommended ones and see if the situation improves.
If that did not expose the cause of the issue then respond with a link to the page where this is happening we take a better look and see if we can fix this up.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem on my site https://aikido-fontaine.com/, the icons are just white boxes (and on Microsoft Edge, they don’t even appear).
I don’t know which plugin may be the cause of the problem. It used to work a week ago. Can you help me to get it back working properly?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I forgot to precise the icons are located at the bottom right of every page of the site.

Hi @zyx321,

There seems to be an issue with the CSS and its being overrided by the one from here - https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.0.9/css/all.css?ver=4.9.5
You can use this CSS to correct the issue:

.fa{
    font-family: FontAwesome;
}

add it to appearance \ customize - additional css.
Hope this helps.

Thank you very much it works perfectly well now! :slight_smile:

Hello there,

I am glad the solution worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello
I’m having the same problem - social media icons are not displaying, nor are the icons in the Services section. Where the icons should be, there are just a circles with a question and exclamation mark flashing inside them.

I tried adding the CSS code you suggested:
.fa{
font-family: FontAwesome;
}

That did not work. Please instruct on how to fix this problem, replace the icons, or remove them all together. Please be as detailed as possible.

Thank you!

Hi ceeceebodies

I can clearly see social icons on your website, please clear cache and check again
if you still have a problem go ahead and open a new ticket