Social media menu Facebook Icon does not highlight.

Hi,

When I add a Facebook and a Twitter custom link to the Social menu, they behave differtent in the footer.
The Twitter icon highlights light blue, but the Facebook icon lowlights in a darker blue.

And, in my version of Wordpress 4.7.2, there isn’t a option for ‘open in a new window’ (anymore) in the custom link.
So what am I doing wrong?

(still learning all the options of Wordpress :slight_smile: )

Regards, Peter van Dijck

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

When I add a Facebook and a Twitter custom link to the Social menu, they behave differtent in the footer. The Twitter icon highlights light blue, but the Facebook icon lowlights in a darker blue.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

And, in my version of WordPress 4.7.2, there isn’t a option for ‘open in a new window’ (anymore) in the custom link. So what am I doing wrong?

You have to enable that option from screen options as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Best Regards,
Movin

Ok, I will try that for the new window option.

You can find the site at: http://petervandijck.nl/T2/

Can it be that I updated the Thema and there is still some 'old’setting around somewhere?

Regards, Peter

I can see this is happening because of the custom CSS code you are using on your site.

You can try making the Facebook social icon to light blue on hover by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#page #menu-social li a[href*="facebook.com"]:hover {
    background-color: #55ACEE !important;
}

Hi Movin,

That made it work thanks :slight_smile:
Still I don’t know why there is / was a difference between the Facebook and Twitter, but I dont have to understand everything ;).

Thanks for your help.
Regards, Peter

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

It was because you were using the below CSS code instead of shared above.

#menu-social li a[href*="facebook.com"]:hover {
    background-color: #4265b9 !important;
}

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

It was because you were using the below CSS code instead of shared above.

#menu-social li a[href*="facebook.com"]:hover {
    background-color: #4265b9 !important;
}