Social Media Widget Not Displaying

I just updated to WP 4.5.2 and the latest version of the Sparkling template and the social media icon widget is no longer working. It does not display the social media icons in mobile or standard browsers (tested in Chrome, FF, Safari).

I pulled open the Chrome inspector and there appears to be some sort of PHP or JS code dump instead of the actual widget icons. Not sure what is going on. The code itself looks fine, but I’m a pixel pusher not a code monkey so there could be an issue in there I didn’t see. CSS and HTML look fine.

I have the exact same problem, but it seems to work in IE!
How can we get it to work in the other browsers as well?

Hi There,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

First of all please make sure that you have configured the Social Media Icons as described on the following page.

If you are still facing the problem then could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening and the screenshot of it so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Thank you for your reply.
I followed the instructions for the Social Media Icons as described. The only difference is that I’m using the Activello theme.
The icons work fine on Microsoft Edge, but not on Firefox.
I enclosed a screenshot of both. Unfortunately, my website is in maintenance mode, so the URL won’t work.

I tested it visiting my site on Firefox browser and it’s displaying fine for me without any issue.

If your website is in maintenance mode then would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Same her, using Child Theme. Take a look at the lower right of my blog at: https://blog.dafb-o.de

I’ve tested it with Firefox, Chrome and Chrome for Mobile. No browser is showing the icons.

@schrottie Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Okay, just take a look. Username is “movin”, pass is B)ztwumzJ&GaRl^PXd^pOs9J

@schrottie Thank you for sharing your site details.

I logged in to your site and saw that you had not checked the theme option “Footer Social Icons” to display social icons in the footer as shown in the attached screenshot.

I selected that option on your site and it’s displaying the social icons in the footer now.

Could you please check it and let me know how it’s working for you now?

This works, right. But I want to have the social icons icons in a menu in top of the footer (right menu). And this worked until one of the latest updates.

To achieve this please use Sparkling Social Widget instead of Custom Menu widget.

I have configured it on your site now and it’s displaying fine for me.

Cool, thank you! :slight_smile:

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: