Some issues regarding Sparkling theme

Hi there,

I decided to use Sparkling theme for my blog and I really like it. Unfortunately I am facing couple issues and I can not find how to solve them. I am wondering if you could help me please. I will be adding some images along with each question just to make it clear.

1. After making membership levels some posts are restricted for paid members only. So there is two options shown under the post which is Log in and Register (image1). The problem is when I click on Log in it brings me to a wordpress log in area instead of normal log in field (image2). How to solve that bug please?

2. I have created a separate page called “Resources” where I am going to put a numerous of eBooks mostly for my paid members to access. The problem I am facing here is that this page is never ending and you need to scroll down without the ending to see all available eBooks. I am wondering is it possible to split that large page in to smaller pages please see (image3).

At the end of each eBook description there will be a Download link so member will be able to download eBook for himself. Should look something like this (image4)(image5). How should I make it work please?

1. I have made couple posts for testing. One for paid members and one for everyone. The second post is really really long and that does not look nice. I am wondering how to cut it so it would show “READ MORE” option (image6)?

Than you for your time and understanding.

Kind Regards,

Wick

Hi Wick,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. After making membership levels some posts are restricted for paid members only. So there is two options shown under the post which is Log in and Register (image1). The problem is when I click on Log in it brings me to a wordpress log in area instead of normal log in field (image2). How to solve that bug please?

It seems the plugin related issue.

Is it working fine with default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen?

2. I have created a separate page called “Resources” where I am going to put a numerous of eBooks mostly for my paid members to access. The problem I am facing here is that this page is never ending and you need to scroll down without the ending to see all available eBooks. I am wondering is it possible to split that large page in to smaller pages please see (image3).

You can split the page by using the following nextpage code in the page.

<!–nextpage–>

At the end of each eBook description there will be a Download link so member will be able to download eBook for himself. Should look something like this (image4)(image5). How should I make it work please?

You have to talk regarding this with the membership plugin author that you are using on your site.

3. I have made couple posts for testing. One for paid members and one for everyone. The second post is really really long and that does not look nice. I am wondering how to cut it so it would show “READ MORE” option (image6)?

Try using the following more tag in the post to achieve this.

<!–more–>

Best Regards,
Movin

Hey Movin,

Thank you for your answers. I have tried to fix it using your guideline but not much success.

1. It still brings me to an admin login area instead of user login area… If it is a plugin related issue what should I do? Does anyone know how to fix this please?
  2. “<!–nextpage–>” this code works only to split the post into more pages and what I need is I want to keep like 5-7 posts in one page. So I just need the option at the end of the page which lets me to go to other pages to read other articles.
  3. I thought that this forum is the right place to ask regarding Sparkling theme. If not how should I contact a plugin author please?
  4. I have tried to use the code you provided “<!–more–>” it cuts the post but the rest of the text just disappears. What I need is a button which says “READ MORE” so when you click it you can read the rest of the post which was cut.

If anyone knows how to fix these please help, would be really appreciated as I can not find the fix till now.

Kind Regards,

Wick

1. It still brings me to an admin login area instead of user login area.. If it is a plugin related issue what should I do? Does anyone know how to fix this please?

As said you should contact plugin developer to resolve this issue as we provide theme support here or you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

2. “<!–nextpage–>” this code works only to split the post into more pages and what I need is I want to keep like 5-7 posts in one page. So I just need the option at the end of the page which lets me to go to other pages to read other articles.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can better understand it?

3. I thought that this forum is the right place to ask regarding Sparkling theme. If not how should I contact a plugin author please?

Yes this forum is the right place to ask regarding Sparkling theme but the plugin issue is not Sparkling theme issue so contact the plugin author regarding this.

If you don’t know how to contact plugin author then please share me the exact plugin name so that i can help you to contact him.

4. I have tried to use the code you provided “<!–more–>” it cuts the post but the rest of the text just disappears. What I need is a button which says “READ MORE” so when you click it you can read the rest of the post which was cut.

To display read more button for that post you can try using the CSS solutions shared in the following topics.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/difficulty-with-read-more-summary-at-the-end-of-a-new-post/
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/read-more-tag-doesent-work/

Hi Movin,

I am using Paid Memberships Pro plugin if it makes sense.

Would it be possible to share the URL privately please?

Thanks!

Wick

I am using Paid Memberships Pro plugin if it makes sense.

Then you can contact the plugin author on the following pages.

Would it be possible to share the URL privately please?

You cam share me the site URL privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying here.

Hi Movin,

Here is my website: http://imlovers.com

Maybe you could take a look and my questions will make sense then please.

Kind regards,

Wick

You just shared me your site URL but instead could you please share me the exact page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can better understand it?

Hi Movin,

1. After making membership levels some posts are restricted for paid members only. So there is two options shown under the post which is Log in and Register (image1). The problem is when I click on Log in it brings me to a wordpress log in area instead of normal log in field (image2). How to solve that bug please? Please check image 9 for better understanding.

2. I have created a separate page called “Resources” where I am going to put a numerous of eBooks mostly for my paid members to access. The problem I am facing here is that this page is never ending and you need to scroll down without the ending to see all available eBooks. I am wondering is it possible to split that large page in to smaller pages please see (image3). Please check image 10 for better understanding.

1. I have made couple posts for testing. One for paid members and one for everyone. The second post is really really long and that does not look nice. I am wondering how to cut it so it would show “READ MORE” option (image6)? Please check image 8 for better understanding.

Than you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Wick

Thank you for sharing the page screenshot where you are using nextpage tag but to achieve what you want to you have to develop custom code as the theme currently doesn’t support it.

Hi Movin,

Are you talking regarding the “READ MORE” button? How about other issues? Is it possible to fix them without developing codes?

Where should I get those codes please?

Thanks.

Wick

Are you talking regarding the “READ MORE” button?

Yes i am talking about your following reply.

1. “<!–nextpage–>” this code works only to split the post into more pages and what I need is I want to keep like 5-7 posts in one page. So I just need the option at the end of the page which lets me to go to other pages to read other articles.
How about other issues?

I have already answered them previously in this topic.

Is it possible to fix them without developing codes?

No i don’t think so. Also these are not issues but the custom functionality that you want.

Where should I get those codes please?

There isn’t ready made code so you have to develop it.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5