Some Links No Longer Working

We just found out that our readers are not able to open links using their cellphones. Here is the post that brought the problem to light:

The two links on this post don’t open (on a cell phone), nor do the related posts links either. Our web host claims that neither the server nor anything related to the website was the problem. So one of the techs from our organization took a look at the site and he feels the problem is theme-related. He had this to say:

"The phone version blocks not only on those two links but also on the social media buttons and the Related area. The nav links and the links in the area below the Related work.

I checked the div order in Chrome for the two column posts and when the theme goes to mobile the right column div opens above the main/left column div, so even though it shows up below the main content, it extends to above the main content, thus blocking the links.

For a simple visual:

Everything content Div opens
Right Column Div opens
Main/Left column Div opens
Main/Left column content shows
Main/Left column Div closes
Right Column content show
Right Column Div closes
Everything content Div closes

Some browsers are forgiving, but on this setup, Safari is definitely blocking the linking in the main content."

hey there

Hope you are having a good day
Please add this CSS in appearance - customize - additional CSS

.widget-title {
display: inline;
}

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Sorry, but that did not work…and seems to simple to fix this problem.

Below is more of what our tech guy said. Perhaps, you will see the seriousness of this problem.

"The phone version strips off the link not only on those two links but also on the social media buttons and the Related area. The nav links and the links in the area below the Related work. I also went to the Seminars > Part I - Refreshing Your Psychology page and the same thing is happening there.

Another more focused probability is the theme. But it is how the theme deals with the right side bar. If it isn’t pushing that div below the main content in mobile view, then it may be covering up the main div - but not in a way you can see. The two divs will have the same top placement, only the content is pushed below the main content. However since the sidebar div is actually stretching up to the top of the main content, it is blocking the links.

To test, if the theme allows you, render the page as a single column without the sidebars and test that in a browser. If it works, then it is a theme problem not creating a good mobile version."

Here is the original link to a POST to which the tech guy is referring. Audio Replay Available – Working On Our Psychology – Part II – The Golden Pathway

Here is a link to a PAGE, and it works: Part I – Refreshing Your Psychology From a Spiritual Perspective – The Golden Pathway

Part of this problem is the difference between how the sidebar handes a POST and a PAGE.

Spelling errors. Sorry!

It should be:

too simple

how the sidebar handles

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch.
In this case, could you kindly provide us with temporary admin access to your WordPress Dashboard so that we can have a closer look into this.

You may create a new administrator user within your WordPress Dashboard using your email address. You may then copy the login credentials to us in your reply.

I look forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Support.

thegoldenpathway.org/royaltetonguruma
username: Colorlib
password: yI$GgD8v3%MHLiajp0Tq%a73

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch.
In this case, there seems to be some discrepancies with those credentials. I tried two inputs but this resulted to a blocking of the IP. Could you perhaps check into them.

Best Regards,
Support.

Sorry about that. It seems it was not accepting the email address I was using

Let’s try again

http://thegoldenpathway.org/royaltetonguruma
username: Colorlib
password:
OZ#o#bgD5TE$9$P@c1xIQgvX

Hi there,
Thanks for the access details.
Relating to the issue here, could we perhaps disable those third-party plugins you have in place as we test on this.

Best Regards,
Support.

If you feel this may be the cause, yes, you may disable them. However, the only plugin that is recent is the GDPR. My host thought the MaxButtons plugin was the problem, but I actually deleted it and removed all of the places where I had used it. When I noticed that the issue still was present, I reinstalled it, but it is not being used on the site anywhere.

The tech at our organization thinks it may be because you guys have not updated the Unite Theme in two years and that perhaps the latest Wordpress update may be affecting this.

Which brings me to the question, which of your themes that you have maintained is closest to Unite in case I have to switch? If necessary, I want to make this switch before Gutenberg comes and complicates things even more.

Good morning :slight_smile:

Please check again,
i used this css:

#secondary {
display: inline;
}

:slight_smile:

I’m sorry but I really don’t understand how this CSS addresses the problem of the links not working in the sidebar when they are bedded in POSTS. (The links bedded in PAGES work.)

(No, this CSS did not work.)

Hello thegoldenpathway

Actually, the problem is very very easy :slight_smile:
when you view the site from a mobile device this is what happens, the sidebar element covers content by its block, in other words, page content is covered by invisible layer of sidebar and css i posted above fixes problem, please clear cache or check from different machine, problem is already resolved for me and there is no another reason for links to not work

just in case if you want to be sure… make this page full width temporary and you will see links will work :slight_smile:

It actually does work. Thank you!

(I went back seven weeks in clearing the cache and that did the trick.)

Yay! :slight_smile:

Hello there,

I am glad the solution worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support