Some right sidebar widgets and footer have disappeared

I think this happened with the recent Travelify update, not sure, but many of my widgets on the right side and all of my footers disappeared. The right-side widgets cannot be posted below the Amazon ads, and I’ve been unable to update the Amazon ads with new ones.

Everything else seems to be working property. I’ve tried quite a few different things, and I’m stumped.

I’m at route66news.com.

Hi @rwarn17588,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

I think this happened with the recent Travelify update, not sure, but many of my widgets on the right side and all of my footers disappeared.

We have moved the theme options to customizer and made many major changes in the latest version of the theme so the widgets might have moved in to Inactive Widgets area in your Widgets screen so just try restoring it.

The right-side widgets cannot be posted below the Amazon ads, and I’ve been unable to update the Amazon ads with new ones.

Could you please tell me how you are displaying the amazon ads in the right sidebar so that i can troubleshoot it?

Also can you please try temporary enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it’s set to true.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting below the amazon widget in the right sidebar.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Your questions led me to my solution. I looked over the coding for the Amazon ads and noticed the very last ad lacked the </iframe> code. That explained why everything was working until that spot, when everything below it disappeared. I added that piece of code, and everything now is appearing as normal, including the footer. I didn’t know a malfunctioning right sidebar also would affect the footer.

I did a lot of trouble-shooting before writing to y’all a few days ago but didn’t notice the problem initially. It’s amazing what a good night’s sleep can give you. :wink:

Hi @rwarn17588,

Awesome great to see you got that resolved.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Movin