Sort articles of a category by name

Hey again.

I searched the forum but couldn’t find a helpful thread so I’m opening a new one myself.
Is it possible to sort the articles alphabetically by the title name? The default displaying of the articles is to order them by date as I saw, but as my site is a scientific page where I publish posts tho specific topics it would be extremely helpful to order the posts inside there category by name instead of the date. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find a function inside the theme to change ‘order by: date’ to ‘order by: time’

Hope that one of you can give me a hint.
Big thanks in advance.

Hi @sam94,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I am not sure what you meant by “Sort articles of a category by name” so could you please describe it a bit more in detail?

Do you mean sorting articles on category pages by article names?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin, thanks for your reply.

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean. My posts are in different categories and for our site it would be better to let them show up in alphabetical order instead of the chronological order.
So every category page should display the articles inside of it by the title name.

Hi Movin,
Thank u for this theme, you’ve done a good job. If you can indicate how to order ‘posts’ that would be very usefull for my visitors of http://insertcom-paysbasque.com/

In the footer area, 2nd column, I want to inverse the order of post of the sparkling widget. Any idea of how to do without using a plugin ?

Hi @sam94,

You can try achieving this by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @merkatic,

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Thanks,
Movin

Hi @Movin,
Thank you so much for your help. It works perfectly!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: