Space between featured image and text

Hi,

I would like to add a caption to the featured image I have for a post.
Currently, I have the featured image, and then “Orian Boyer Photography” as the first text in the post. The problem here is that this leaves a large space between the image and the text.

Is there a way to either remove this space (for only this specific post), or set up a caption for the featured image so that the caption I give it shows up on the post page.

(I have tried adding text in the ‘Caption’ box on the image itself in my Media Library, but the caption does not show when I go to the post page).

Thank you,
Mai

Hi Mai,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

ou please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you to remove that space?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,
The link is thealternativegreenyou.com

And the post I am referring to is in the ‘Ethos’ section, found in the menu.

Cheers,
Mai

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.single article#post-195 .entry-content > h6 {
    margin-top: 0;
}
.single article#post-195 .entry-content {
    margin-top: 5px;
}

Hi Movin,

Thank you, this worked perfectly.

Thanks,
Maida

Hi again,

Unfortunately, I just noticed an error in the appearance of the text “orian boyer photography”, which seems to revert back to part of the regular text of the post on the category page. See the attached image.

What I would like is to have a caption (that I can hyperlink to another website) for the featured image, appearing just below the image. I would like to be able to caption (and hyperlink) any featured image.
Thanks for your help,

Mai

It will work fine on the single post page as displayed here http://thealternativegreenyou.com/2017/01/01/the-power-of-the-butterfly-small-efforts-and-big-consequences/

But to make it work on archive page here http://thealternativegreenyou.com/category/ethos/ where the post excerpt is displayed, you have to add the post excerpt along with the text “orian boyer photography” and anchor tag in the excerpt filed of post.

Okay, thanks!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: