Spacing and Fonts

Hello! I’m looking for support on managing the font and spacing in my posts. For the font, I am having trouble getting consistency based on if its something I pasted in or if I typed it (and can’t make them the same). How do I manage the font of my posts beyond the “header” options (which aren’t all that helpful)?

Additionally, the spacing I find issues with is consistency of spacing around different elements I insert. For example, if I use a full-size picture, there is appropriate spacing below it, but if I use a gallery, I can’t add any spacing below and the text comes right up to the images (and there’s too much spacing above it).

You can see an example here:

Thank you for the help!

Cheers,
Jessica

Hi Jessica,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

For the font, I am having trouble getting consistency based on if its something I pasted in or if I typed it (and can’t make them the same). How do I manage the font of my posts beyond the “header” options (which aren’t all that helpful)?

Do you want to apply different font on different posts or different part of the post?

Please advise which font you want to apply so that i can help you.

Additionally, the spacing I find issues with is consistency of spacing around different elements I insert. For example, if I use a full-size picture, there is appropriate spacing below it, but if I use a gallery, I can’t add any spacing below and the text comes right up to the images (and there’s too much spacing above it).

You can try applying spacing to the bottom of gallery by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Travelify Other Options

#main .entry-content .gallery {
    margin-bottom: 1.625em;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hey there and thanks for the response! I am just looking to have all of my posts have the same font. I typically write my posts in OneNote and copy/paste into Wordpress, which results in them being in Calibri. But if I just write in Wordpress (or write something that I hadn’t copy/pasted) it’s a different font. And as I go back to some old posts, I was trying to create consistency with headers, but it won’t let me apply the headers to text that is in the other font.

Basically, how do I have consistent font no matter how I enter it?

Some good contrasting examples are these posts, which I wrote doing the same thing, but have different results:
http://www.howdareshe.org/5-ways-to-be-a-more-responsible-animal-tourist/ (preferred header style)
http://www.howdareshe.org/5-things-travelers-need-to-just-stop-doing/ (can’t edit the header and is in Calibri)

Thank you for the code for the gallery - added it and it looks great!

Cheers,
Jessica

Hi Jessica,

When you copy paste text content from other editor in to WordPress post editor then make sure that you are not copying any HTML markup or CSS code and only text orelse you will face this issue.

Currently you are copying HTML markup and CSS code with text therefore you are facing this issue. You can see this markup code in WordPress post editor text mode.

To make the copied posts look like your other normal posts, please try using the below CSS code.

#content .entry-content p {
    font: 14px Helvetica, sans-serif !important;
    margin: 0 0 15px 0 !important;
    line-height: 24px !important;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you! I’m not intending to copy over any code, just text, but I guess I am. Where should I place the code you provided? Can you explain what that will do?

As described previously you have to add provided CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Travelify Other Options

Thanks, wasn’t sure if it went in the same spot. What will it do (and I assume it will apply to everything on the site?)?

All custom CSS goes to the same spot.

The provided custom CSS code will change the font, margin and line height of copied posts text to make it look like your other normal posts.

Yes it will apply to everything on the site.