Spam Banner Ad appearing on checkout pages

Hi Guys
This might not be a shapely specific issue but I thought I’ll ask for some help here.

On my checkout and payment pages (I’m using Woocommerce on my Shapely theme), a spam banner ad has randomly started appearing and it’s ruining the UX.

I have attached the screengrab of the ad of this page http://youngurbanguy.com/checkout/ here.

Can someone help me get rid of this?

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
In reference to your query here, could you try out the following CSS code under the Appearance>Customize>Additional CSS section:

.page-id-6 .wbm_banner_image {
display: none !important;
}

I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Support.

Thanks, your code works great on checkout page but not on my shop page :

wbm_banner_image seems to appear as a featured image.
Do you have any plans to remove it ?

Best Regards.

hey there

Well, you have a not easy problem here, most probably your theme i hijacked by malicious code, you need to check everything in your theme and plugins and clear them, the easiest way is to update WordPress, themes, and plugins.
this problem needs attention and professional investigation

I have the same problem and same exact ad. Showed up the same day as yours. Did you find the root cause?

Hi guys,

thank you for responding. I tried deactivating plugins one by one and I feel I might have pinpointed a plugin that was causing the problem.
I was using a plugin: Banner Management for WooCommerce that I deactivated and the malware banner disappeared. Seems to work for now. Will keep you guys informed if I encounter this again.

Hi there,
Thanks for that update.
Please feel free to reach out once again in case you have any more questions.
Best Regards,
Support.