Sparking 2.0 - Social icons displayed in a strange manner

Hi guys,

Firstly, many thanks for the wonderful free theme and the support rendered.

This is my first post and I encountered an issue after updating to Sparkling 2.0. Information as follows:

• I am using a child theme
  • After the update, I followed the instructions found in the forum for adding the social icons
  • A new menu was created and I added the relevant URLs

Issue 1 - Icons are not displaying as the social media icons (I cleared browser cache as well as CDN cache)
Issue 2- Icons are not placed in a horizontal manner but a vertical manner. The icons at the footer display a bullet point before it.

Please refer to the attached pictures for a better idea.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Any pointers or advice for the issue I highlighted?

Thanks.

Hi @gambit,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

It’s working fine on my test site using latest version of Sparkling theme.

Could you please share the page URL from your site where it’s not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks for your reply, I have just re-enabled the social menu and you can refer to the mentioned issues at the right hand size (bottom) and the footer at this website “hawkerfood dot com”

Many thanks.

Hi @gambit,

I visited your shares site and found the social icons are working fine as shown in the attached screenshots.

Which browser are you using?

Could you please test it using different browser?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks for helping to check.

In fact, I tried both firefox (41.0.2) and Chrome (Version 46) on my desktop and also tried using chrome on my android handset and I am still seeing the issues that I mentioned.

I even cleared the cache of both my browsers and purged the cache on my wordpress hosting but result is the same.

Hmm, I wonder what exactly is the issue.

Hi @gambit,

I have tested it on your site with my colleague and it’s also working fine for him.

Could you please make sure that the following font awesome CSS file is loading fine for you?

http://www.hawkerfood.com/wp-content/themes/sparkling/inc/css/font-awesome.min.css

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

I was able to load that URL, I have also gotten some of my friends to check on the webpage and the same is happening for them, icons are not displaying as they should be.

Is there anywhere else that I should be checking.

Appreciate your help thus far, many thanks.

Hi @gambit,

It’s still working fine for me.

To make it work for you could you please try adding the following CSS code in the style.css file of your Sparkling child theme?

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/social-icons-in-sparkling-2-0/page/2/#post-33383

If it doesn’t work then could you please try temporary using the sparkling theme instead of its child theme to confirm whether it’s child theme issue?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Many thanks for your reply once again. I did not make any changes as per your recommendation but I tried switching to the sparkling main theme and the issue is the same. (I have since switched back to child’s theme.)

To clarify on this issue can I confirm on the below qns:

• This issue that me and my friends encountered is a cache issue and not because the CSS code is missing in style.css of child theme since you are able to see it displayed properly?

• This issue only happened after the Sparkling theme 2.0 update (I have since also updated to 2.0.1). So based on your recommendation is to update the child’s theme style.css but it was working fine prior to the main theme update. So do I really need to update the child’s style.css??

Many thanks, I really appreciate the help rendered so far.

Hi Movin,

I did no changes but it is reflecting well now. I guess it was probably due to cache or something.

Many thanks for your endeavours. :slight_smile:

Hi @gambit,

Awesome great to see that it got resolved and working fine for you now.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Movin