Sparkling 2.0 - child theme - dropdown menu with submenus?

Hi,

if i am informed correctly, sparkling uses the bootstrap menu, that since version 3 does not support any more submenus for dropdown menus. Does this change in 2.0 or how can you add this function to the theme?

I found this (https://github.com/twittem/wp-bootstrap-navwalker), but i am not sure if that works or how do i make it work (following the install/usage did not change a thing). Is there an easier way and/or plugin that could help me?

Best regards
Hurz

Hi Hurz,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by using the Sparkling child theme attached to this reply that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

WOW YOU ARE GREAT … sorry for shouting … That worked fine, just as i thought it would … great thank you! And even without haveing to upload other stuff and files and thats like magic.

One more question: i have quoted out some lines in my navwalker.php and uploaded this modified file to the sparkling-child/inc folder. But the changes are not workling, only if i replace the original file in the sparkling/inc folder. The reason i do this is, to have the parent-menu point to be linked to a category-page (what is not working without taking out some lines in the navwalker.php - as it was descriped here in the forum some time ago). Any idea why the child file is not overwriting the original file?

That worked perfectly … thank you!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: